You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

how do I.............................?

Paco

thought i'd start this thread for various things that anyone wants to know how to do without starting a thread every time.

how do I make those short funny video clips you see on the forums?

I've tried vine but i can't make head nor tail of it. also tried some other edit app on my phone but it wants a minimum 15 seconds.

all I want to do is cut 2 secs out of a youtube video and maybe write something across the clip as well and post it on a thread.

YIFY is prompting me for a codec to watch a film.

I went to their official site and followed instructions and it's telling me to install genieo.dmg

is this safe? any of it?

I'm pretty sure i've downloaded yify before but never had to do this

YIFY is prompting me for a codec to watch a film.

I went to their official site and followed instructions and it's telling me to install genieo.dmg

is this safe? any of it?

I'm pretty sure i've downloaded yify before but never had to do this

If you don't already have it download VLC player, plays pretty much everything. If that won't play it move on and download a different torrent. 

• Upvote 1

thought i'd start this thread for various things that anyone wants to know how to do without starting a thread every time.

how do I make those short funny video clips you see on the forums?

I've tried vine but i can't make head nor tail of it. also tried some other edit app on my phone but it wants a minimum 15 seconds.

all I want to do is cut 2 secs out of a youtube video and maybe write something across the clip as well and post it on a thread.

Gifs?

You could try this free gif maker if you're a windows user.

Doesn't look too complicated.

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

I'm trying to buy an Android TV box from somewhere that's not got anything loaded.  Everywhere I look they've all got XBMC etc already installed and being sold for around £60, but I want a sealed, unused box from somewhere for cheaper.  Ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anybody any good at designing dvd menus?

I'm looking for a bit of animation with the names of 3 films I made: who's calling?, getting lighter and The Circuit King with the "ing" bit of each all merging to form "The Ing dynasty"

nothing too flash as I'm hoping the person would donate their time and skill. it's for a cast and crew screening of The Circuit King which was made on a zero budget and has made it into a couple of film festivals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

not a how do I request but more of a seeking advice post.

I have ace stream on my S3 and can watch tv on it.

I'm looking to connect it to the tv now and I'm looking at the cheap option

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281620641781?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=1007283&poi=&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=aud-133395220866%3Apla-131843261826&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122

but reviews aren't great. A lot of people saying they have a 5 pin charger lead but need 11 pin.

anybody have any experience with these?