You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's your opinion of Brendan Rodgers?

Paco

What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?

• I despise him
    • even when we were playing great last season, I couldn't stand him
    • he deserves as much credit as anyone for last season
    • he was lucky last season
    • I want him out
    • I hold him responsible for our poor signings this season
    • I have always been embarrassed listening to his interviews
    • he's an excellent manager
    • I love him
    • he gets until at least the end of the season
    • defensively he hasn't a clue
    • last season was down to Suarez
    • I don't mind his chat
    • he overachieved last season
    • he's wasted £100m+ and doesn't deserve another penny
    • he needs backing from the board and money for players in January
    • I trust him to turn it around
    • if we return to playing something close to last seasons football I'll give him another season
    • sack him now, install an interim manager and get simeone, klopp or someone in the summer
    • get rafa now
  2. 2. Should Rodgers be sacked immediately?

100's of pages debating whether Rodgers should be sacked or not.

Time for a poll to see what the forum view is.

2 questions:

1.what do you think of Rodgers is multiple choice

2. do you think rodgers should be sacked immediately is a straight yes or no

He's a decent lad, an honest lad I think and he cares about this club... he found a great way of playing last season and did very well, better than people expected and nearly as well as we all dreamed. He had a system built around a fearsome, quick, intelligent, mobile attack.

He had a challenge in the summer and his fuck ups have set him and us back massively and ripped up what he had going.

He basically set fire to well over 100m in the summer when faced with replacing some engine parts and tuning it all up a bit....he got it totally wrong, spectacularly wrong, and sadly that will be his downfall.

I think he should be judged over the season. Just my opinion though.

As to setting fire to 100 million, I wonder if the next manager is going to be judged on half a season's games before his signings are written off?

Also, of the 100 mill, are lallana, moreno, can and to a lesser degree markovic all written off? Or are we just using the gross figure but only writing off some of the signings?

Just asking because its not clear.

I think he should be judged over the season. Just my opinion though.

As to setting fire to 100 million, I wonder if the next manager is going to be judged on half a season's games before his signings are written off?

Also, of the 100 mill, are lallana, moreno, can and to a lesser degree markovic all written off? Or are we just using the gross figure but only writing off some of the signings?

Just asking because its not clear.

In terms of what we needed and what we got then for me has set fire to over 100m....he does not seem to fancy what he bought either.

He bought players in positions we already had very similar players in, didn't address our weakest areas properly and bought immobile, unintelligent forwards for a side who's biggest strength last year was the mobility and intelligence of its forwards.

If time proves me wrong I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong and be happy to be so...

I think he is a nice man who is trying his best.

Liverpool FC is like a big, red racing car and Rodgers is the driver. He was going along nicely but had a bad pit-stop. Now he has slick tyres on his racing car but it is pissing down so they are no use. The mechanic in the pit-lane gave him bad advice and needs sacking so that the next pit-stop goes smoothly.

Rodgers would be best off repairing his racing car himself. The engine is okay but it needs some bodywork and that turbo boost thing from Super Hang-On.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool FC is like a big, red racing car and Rodgers is the driver. He was going along nicely but had a bad pit-stop. Now he has slick tyres on his racing car but it is pissing down so they are no use. The mechanic in the pit-lane gave him bad advice and needs sacking so that the next pit-stop goes smoothly.

Rodgers would be best off repairing his racing car himself. The engine is okay but it needs some bodywork and that turbo boost thing from Super Hang-On.

GinaMarie_confused.gif

• Upvote 2

It's a results based business. This season is barely salvageable now, and that shouldn't be the case if Rodgers was doing his job properly.

However, life always throws a curved ball at some point, and the season ain't over until our spell binding charge cannot deliver victory from the jaws of defeat. (To the tune of "against all odds") damn.. I just remembered that huni that jeff bridges split open in some ruins of a temple way back in an 80s movie....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great teeth, but he has the look of a man who knows that he has blown £100m.

What he achieved in his first two seasons was way beyond what any of us, including him, could have expected given his inexperience.

I don't blame him totally for the transfer disaster, or this season so far, any of us would have taken the job if offered. But he should have brought in some wise heads around him.

Improbably, the season is there to be saved. We are three games from a LC Cup Final, and amongst the favourites for the EL. After the Arsenal game a soft run of fixtures could easily see us tucking in behind the Top 4.

Will he turn things around? Probably not. That isn't his fault. The job required a level of experience beyond him at the moment, and although you can get lucky for a while, at some point that inexperience tells. Watching a decent man struggle till the end of the season would not be pretty.

Not writing the signings off, just writing off Brendan. He hasn't got a Scooby about what he's doing. Constant personnel and system changes, no organisation of the defence (2 seasons on and getting worse), cuntish behaviour with some signings and not with others, briefings to the press etc etc etc. The charge sheet is growing and we will get turned over by Bournemouth tonight. I can't fathom why people still say he deserves until the end of the season.

Guest davelfc

The best analogy would be that he asked for slicks himself and set his car up wrong after losing his best technician. Now he's just messing with different settings until it starts running well again. 

Meanwhile the race continues and we're dropping places. 

I can't vote at the moment because I waver from sack to letting him have a little more time. Just because I don't think he can turn this around doesn't mean he won't.

I'm relying on those that have the decision and all the relevant information they need to make the choice for me. I just hope they make the right decision. 

• Upvote 2

I liked him a lot from the start and the vast majority of the decisions he made seemed to have sound reasoning to them. At least reasoning that made sense to me.

But some of that has changed this season; from some of his buys to the teams he's picking to the substitutes he is making. I am still a fan and am still fairly certain he will turn it round but I'm not as confident as I once was.

• Upvote 1

Jumping ship at the first sign of trouble is for fucktards. Let him ride the rest of the season out and hopefully he'll come good. As long as we're not fucking relegated I don't care where we finish. The problem doesn't lie with BR per se, but with the arsewipes behind the scenes. Any other manager coming in will be in the same position unless that changes.

• Upvote 1

I like him personally but have never been convinced by him as a manager.

I was wary of his lack of experience when we got him and just sat back and hoped for the best, but the tipping point for me was the Arsenal 2-2 debacle the season before last. It was clear he had no intention of closing the game or maybe no udnerstadning of how to do so. That was when my hopes for him vanished.

Even last season I was impressed but genuinely astounded as to how we were doing as well as we were, as all the same frailities were there. It was as though someone had cast a magic winning spell on us but underneath there was no apparent explanation of how we were playing that well, I still don't understand it. Confidence, greta players in the form of their lives perhaps, but still credit to Rodgers for getting them playing that way.

My opinion hasn't changed. I think what he achieved last season was immense but always going to be short lived, the foundations weren't there - be they in terms of tactics, team development or personnnel - it was a pig in lipstick and now the lipstick has gone to Barcelona.

He deserves to be up there alongside our recent managers, unlike Hodgeson. He's done himself proud and should be remembered fondly, but he simply doesn't have teh experience and has major, major flaws.

That lack of experience can be ironed out and he can still learn, he's extremely youngf or a manager, but that's the issue - this was never in a million years the club to learn your trade. You've got to walk before you can run and this is the fucking London Marathon.

• Upvote 1

We're not getting relegated and I doubt someone brought in now will get us to fourth place. That leaves the EL, which I'm not sure a new manager can win. I don't like Rodgers as our manager but would let him stay to finish out the season.

Suarez was the leader of our team. Instead of Rodgers blithering on about Gerrard's leadership in the dressing room we had a man leading us on the pitch, who made everyone better by fighting for every ball and never quitting. Compare his berating the linesman last season at Tottenham, with seconds left and us up by 5 with the tepid reaction to the Mata goal. He was the spirit, heart and soul of the team. Not Rodgers.

This is Rodgers. The poor selections, clueless tactics, manipulation of the fans (Real Madrid, the leaked stories to the press) and general arse saving tactics that have led us to this point.

• Upvote 1

Seems a nice fella,but talks way too much.

This is usually a sign of nervousness and indicates to me that he's a bit overawed and out of his depth in this job.

I also feel that he's in the type of hole that cannot be got out from and giving him more money would not solve it as his transfer record is pretty poor.(I dont think the summer spending spree was bad but he just wont play them. Can and Lallana should be shoe ins.)

I don't like the fact he spouts so much in interviews. He blathers on about formations and all that shit. It seems to me the lady doth protest too much.

I also don't like the fact he's having his mid life crisis at our club.

And I can't seem to get over that whole envelope thing.

He reminds me of that lad out of the episode of Faking it years ago where some lad was pretending to be a  Football manager and his pre match interviews were identical to Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

I didn't want him when he was appointed, last seasons progress shocked me and i had to eat my words. This season all his good work seems to have gone up in smoke with £100 M big ones.

I feel he should be judged at the end of the season. He still has time to turn things around and a cup final win could be his saviour. My heart says he can do it, my brain tells me other wise. 

If he can get us playing anything like we did last season then he gets more time. But that's a big if. Either way I'd give him until Sturridge gets fit to show what he can do again with one mobile striker, and hope both he and the transfer committee understand why they fucked up not having a back up.

My growing doubts about him are based on his inability to address the defensive side of our play. It's like he's too proud to accept that it's a problem with his coaching rather than the personnel at his disposal. The revolving door of players he doesn't rate or chooses to drop and freeze out is getting absurd.

Positivity and backing your skills are great qualities in a manager, but I just worry that Rodgers follows that mantra through to a fault, and consequently is placing too much emphasis on individual errors from players rather than how they're coached.

I thing I'm least enamoured with is his totally random team selections. Players in and out with seemingly little regard for form, opposition, or condition. Couldn't give a fuck what he says in press conferences; listening to managers and players talk about a sport is the most boring shit on earth. The transfer thing is muddled, so difficult to pass judgement. Who he fucks is none of my concern.

• Upvote 2

I thing I'm least enamoured with is his totally random team selections. Players in and out with seemingly little regard for form, opposition, or condition.

Which is totally different to how he operated in his 1st 2 seasons. It's like he's trying to prove a point rather than sticking to what he should do right.