You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Palace

Paco

who starts v Palace?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

Mignolet

Manquillo Skrtel Toure Moreno

Lucas Can

Sterling Lallana Coutinho

Borini

gerrard for Lucas and sakho for Skrtel and we have a deal.

In fairness I'm not a big fan of Lucas but he was decent against Madrid so I've no issue with him starting.

That front 4 is probably the best of what we have available but could offer creativity and pace that's something we've lacked.

I want Lambert to get a run of games. even if he shit on sunday I want him to start against ludogorets and whoever we have in the league next week.

he needs confidence shown in him, the same confidence the manager has shown in balotelli but hopefully with better results all round.

• Upvote 1

gerrard for Lucas and sakho for Skrtel and we have a deal.

In fairness I'm not a big fan of Lucas but he was decent against Madrid so I've no issue with him starting.

That front 4 is probably the best of what we have available but could offer creativity and pace that's something we've lacked.

I'm assuming Sakho is still injured, no? Otherwise I'd have him in for either Skrtel or Toure.

Gerrard I'd bring on for one of the three behind Borini with 20/25 minutes to go.

Without Sturridge we have to be more patient, and more pragmatic, that means Gerrard not playing in front of the back four. 

The team I expect -

Mignolet

Johnson Skrtel Lovren Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson Allen

Sterling Balotelli Lallana

I've gone for a 4-2-3-1 with Balotelli in the last chance saloon.  A bit more protection for the defence, free up Gerrard to join the attack with Sterling/Lallana to switch sides now and again to give Palace something to think about.  Lovren is dropped to give him a kick up the arse.  Allen can time his runs forward when we're in possession, Lucas stays put.

----------------Mignolet-------------

Johnson--Skrtel--Toure---Moreno

------------Lucas---Allen-----

----Sterling---Gerrard---Lallana

-----------------Balotelli-----------

• Upvote 1

Having bodies in the middle and a bit of protection in defence and having someone to create and link between our midfield and attack is my thinking above. We used this last season a few times and I believe it's our best chance of finally finding goals. Didn't we use that formation when we battered spurs?

Mig

Manquillo skrtel toure moreno

can Allen

Sterling Gerrard lallana

Borini

That's what I'd go with but it's never going to happen.

I expect to see 'shit on a stick' Johnson, 'where am I?' Ballotelli and 'is it a bird, is it a plane? No it's a box of tampons' Lovren.

We'll get beat 1-2

Markovic has been dumped then? seeing as he got 0 votes last time probably the humane thing to do.

Mignolet

Manquillo

Skrtel

Toure

Moreno

Lucas

Can

Henderson

Lallana

Borini

Lambert

A shocker of a team really, on paper and in reality considering all the money spent in the last couple of years but that's what i'd go with.

Lacking a bit of pace up front but defensively that team should at least fair better than it has been doing, Sterling shouldn't be playing every game, to be honest he probably should play this game but i want to see Lallana playing games and we need to start playing 2 strikers.

I went a flat 442.

Mig

Manquillo

Lovren

Toure

Enrique

Lallana

Can

Lucas

Coutinho

Borini

Lambert

I think we need to solidify through the middle and get some creativity out wide, with two strikers making themselves available on the ground and in the air, and the only way to do that is using Borini and Lambert together.

Take Sterling and Henderson out of the firing line, and to remind them they aren't undroppable.

Lucas, even if he can't get there all the time, can at least mop up behind a slightly more box-to-box Can. Lucas would be a great mentor for him as well.

I like the creativity and movement of Lallana and Coutinho, they deserve a go together.

Moreno has made a couple too many mistakes as well, I think Enrique needs to come and steady things whilst also getting forward.

Great subs bench: Jones, Moreno, Sakho, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Balotelli.

----------------Mignolet

Manquillo Skrtel Toure Moreno

-------------------Can

Sterling-----------------------Lallana

-------------------Coutinho

-----------Borini-----------Lambert

Blimey. Look at all those CMS we don't need.

If we'd bought one worthy of the club, other than Can, we could maybe play 2 and shore it up a bit, but that's how it is at the moment. Henderson is as bad now as he was when he signed.