You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Commentators increasing spouting absolute shit whenever anything remotely interesting happens in a game. A lot of the time, they've clearly got some stat or witty comment at the ready, just praying they'll get to drop it if a player or team does what they hope they'll do.

I've caught a few Bundesliga games on BT Sport and they have this one commentator who is clearly trying to be like that Geordie loon Ray Hudson. I watched the last 15 minutes of Koln v Schalke yesterday, and Koln scored a late equaliser to make it 2-2. The goal was a decent hit from a free kick about 35 yards out, by a player called Risse (not Riise). The commentator instantly went on a 30-second wankathon about how Risse is Koln's man for the big occasion, always popping up at the vital times like some Teutonic Stevie. Koln are rock bottom of the Bundesliga so obviously haven't managed to come up with anything at vital times all season, 'big occasion' or not. Also, that was Risse's first goal of the season.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fellaini wants to sue New Balance for £2.1m because their boots 'hurt his feet'.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/11/manchester-uniteds-fellaini-to-sue-new-balance-for-2-1-million-because-of-poor-quality-boots.html

Not sure why boots are that important to him. He's only on the pitch to throw his elbows around anyway.

Lost his case.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/05/fellainis-suit-against-new-balance-defective-football-boots-fails.html

He had a 4-year contract with Warrior/NB that expired in 2016 so he was under no obligation to continue wearing NB boots, and neither were NB to continue supplying him.

Watching MOTD and beauts at Wembley today being shown with giant buckets of popcorn (yes fucking popcorn) wandering back to their seats having missed two goals whilst buying their popcorn.

Fucking hell.

The commentator saying he 'doesn't blame' the Rangers fans for leaving at the 21 minute mark of the 1st half as they went 3-0 down. 

Sometimes you get what you deserve. 

The commentator saying he 'doesn't blame' the Rangers fans for leaving at the 21 minute mark of the 1st half as they went 3-0 down. 

Sometimes you get what you deserve. 

There is a guy who sits 1 row and 2 seats along from me. He never celebrates a goal. When Mo scored the opener today he just sat there while everyone else is cheering. He disappears every game around the 75 minute mark without fail. He is a season ticket holder but why bother if you do not enjoy the game and leave with 15 minutes plus added time left.

Watching MOTD and beauts at Wembley today being shown with giant buckets of popcorn (yes fucking popcorn) wandering back to their seats having missed two goals whilst buying their popcorn.

Fucking hell.

(Butterkist) toffee > sweet > salty

Seriously, I can’t think why anyone would want popcorn at the match.

(Butterkist) toffee > sweet > salty

Seriously, I can’t think why anyone would want popcorn at the match.

I still look for the fellas with those little carts selling burgers....looks like the health inspectors beat me to it!

Remember them at the game and in town?!

• Upvote 2

I still look for the fellas with those little carts selling burgers....looks like the health inspectors beat me to it!

Remember them at the game and in town?!

I remember wandering up to one in the late 70's and losing interest when I realised the guy had been keeping his hands warm ( complete with fingerless gloves ) in the onions tray,

• Upvote 1

I remember wandering up to one in the late 70's and losing interest when I realised the guy had been keeping his hands warm ( complete with fingerless gloves ) in the onions tray,

Ha...fucking hell!

I watched a fella with one once pushing it up a kerb and he lost control of it and loads of the stuff from it just fell onto the road...he just picked them up and put them back in!

• Upvote 1

Remember seeing a guy near the Arkles with one of those 70's burger carts, with a massive pus filled boil on his neck. Not exactly enticing.

That was a cranium mounted mustard dispenser.

"Help yourself to sauce, lad..."

• Upvote 2

The Gunners' Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he joined the club in the belief Wenger would stay on as manager "for years". (Evening Standard)

Either he and his agent had no idea what had been going on at Arsenal for the last couple of years, or they didn't give a shit once Arsenal agreed to throw money at them.