You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Talking about other teams players......

Bjornebye

Pelle has banged in a fantastic goal tonight.

Thing is he was hardly an unknown quantity 50 goals in 57 games in last 2 seasons in the Dutch league.

Regardless of how good that league is that is a great return.

And he has come here and done the business straight away.

^Yep.

Tadic being ace is no surprise to anyone really.

I expect Mane to follow suit. They spent very, very well.

Fernando Reges at City too. £12m is mental money. As is Alex Song for Fuck all.

Seeing players we should have gone for, go elsewhere, and perform straight away isn't annoying at all.

Here's someone we should be talking about:

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs’ world record for wins with a single a club has been broken by Brazilian goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni.

Giggs made his debut for United in 1990 and featured in 589 victories during his 24-year playing career before hanging up his boots last year to become the club’s assistant manager.

The Welshman’s haul of wins earned him a place in the Guinness Book of Records but Ceni has now gone one better after helping Sao Paulo defeat Goia 3-0 on Monday.

Ceni, who is Sao Paulo’s designated free-kick and penalty taker, already holds world records for the most goals scored by a keeper, number of games played for the same club and amount of times as captain.

The 41-year-old has scored 121 goals and clocked up over 1,000 appearances in his 22 years with Sao Paulo.

"These individual tags are very cool but it is nothing but work, day to day,” said Ceni.

“I am like any human being who marks 20 years in the same place. The hard part is staying in the same place for so long, I thank God for allowing me to do this."

He hasn't fucked his brother's wife, though. Disappointing.

• Upvote 4

Tadic and Pelle at Southampton are both class. 

That Pelle especially! Where the fuck did he pop up from?! Great signing. Hopefully for them, not another Michu. 

He was the top scorer in the Dutch league last season i think, he was excellent at Feyenoord anyway. 

We have the worst/laziest scouts in the world and a manager putting his own ego above the club. Rodgers has explicitly stated his goal in football is to show that British players can play technical football. That's why we go after the likes of Lallana instead of Tadic/Firmino and why we bought wastes of space like Lambert and Allen. British players, with one or two exceptions, are fucking shit. If they weren't, they'd be dominating International and European tournaments.

My fantasy team has it 3 Southampton in it. If I could I would have 5! What are they putting in the water down there. We shouldn't be looking to buy their players - we should be looking at the model of the club and getting to the detail of how they are getting the best players or getting the best out of players.

Pelle was shit before he went to Feyenoord. He is doing much better in the Premiership than I thought he would. Tadic has been class for a long time now. I wanted us to buy him years ago.

Yep. He was a laughing-stock in Serie A. People on here would have been going into meltdown if we'd signed him.