You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"We didn't play, we didn't keep the ball and we didn't dominate"

WhiskeyJar

The above is a direct quote from the Henderson interview in the Echo.

Glad to see the players admitting to their subpar performance but what can be done about it?

Is ithe the players fault, the managers, the staff, the playing style, formation, what needs changing here?

What needs to be done to rectify these performances?

It's a combination of a number of factors in my opinion.

We need to ride it out & keep getting three points on the board, Sturridge coming back & the new players bedding in will have a huge positive impact. Plus we need to start playing a more settled first eleven.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see the players admitting to their subpar performance but what can be done about it?

Is ithe the players fault, the managers, the staff, the playing style, formation, what needs changing here?

Well its only two players, Gerrard and henderson who have the balls to stand up and publically declare it. Seeing as one is captain and the other is vice captain, Im not surprised.

Too many players are either sulking after last seasons's massive disappointment, sulking over suarez leaving or, just dont have the fight in their bellies being at a club like Liverpool expects.

They need to look at themselves and see what they are delivering up to the fans. The manager needs to address the defensive set up and quickly. Shipping goals when you could outscore the oppos while not acceptable was managable. Now we're struggling to score (QPR did score 2 for us yesterday) conceeding one goal is always going to be dangerous.

Start from the back, cut out the goals conceeded and results will improve.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Im never one to jump on a negative band wagon as thats far too mainstream for me, but our defence was so fucking bad yesterday that its hard to look at the other positives. 

Each of yesterday's back four were absolutely shite. Our CBs were constantly pulled out of the centre leaving acres of room in the middle and we were badly exploited. Against QPR. 

Johnson and Enrique were so poor it was like they just werent arsed. Enrique just stopped runinng leading to opportunities. 

As Gerrard was saying after the match, if we perform like that on Wednesday we have absolutely no chance and would, most likelky, get absolutely bummed. The only saving grace is that Madrid wont be putting too many high balls into the box. 

We just appear to be very passive this year in our approach, last year you knew that we'd be all over teams from the start whereas this year it appears that everybody does that to us instead and we aren't coping very well.

I'm already sick of banging on about the defence but even more than last year we appear to be easily 'got at' and teams seem to get to our defence very quickly.The QPR second goal was a prime example of this, they got the corner almost straight from the kick off after Coutinho scored.

The persistence with one up top isnt helping either, BR clearly doesnt have enough confidence in the striking options he has to use 2 of them in the same team. The step down in quality after Sturridge is proving massive, and to be honest I didnt think it would be this bad.

• Upvote 1

confidence comes from winning. keep winning.

Is it the players fault - yes

the managers - yes

the staff - yes

the playing style - yes

formation - yes

er...

• Upvote 1

I don't really applaud their self awareness when in reality they are bang to rights. This season liverpool have been fucking shite and they have responded to being shite by being even worse the following game. Is the gulf so big at the pinnacle of football between a player of suarez ability and the rest, are they really that lacking in skill and ability that they can't hold their own cocks without someone showing them how it's done first. Fuck talk, I'm sick of these players, they have been playing this game their whole lives yet have looked completely inept at every aspect of the game so far this season and there's no real excuse for it, they have the talent, they have the support, they have the best facilities in the world.

Some of the shit we've seen has been bordering comedy. I think it's been unacceptable, unacceptable individually and as a team. We are miles better than what we have produced, everybody is miles better than what they have shown. The team needs to fucking man up and if you can't show talent then at least show some desire. we need a performance, the players need to remember their actually pretty good.

I'd say rodgers needs to rethink how a team should defend and Lovren for fuck sake he's the first centre back I've ever seen with a free role.

• Upvote 7