You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TK's Ratings (West Ham away)

Pureblood

Welcome to the long-awaited third installment of TK's Ratings.  

Mignolet - 5.  Lack of aerial presence saw us struggle with set pieces again.  Depressing.

Manquillo - 4.  This was one game too far for the new right back, who has been playing every game.  Hooked very early on following a Rodgers reshuffle.

Lovren - 4.  Torrid start to Anfield career continued with an unconvincing display.  Poor distribution.  Unlucky to be "Terry Butchered" by Sakho, which was probably the last thing he needed.  The incident summed up their lack of understanding.

Skrtel - 5.  First game back.  I was hoping he would bring some solidity to the back line, but it didn't happen as the Reds were caught cold in the opening 10 minutes.  Did okay after that.

Moreno - 5.  Played his part in the goal with another good delivery.  He continues to be a bit suspect defensively/positionally and didn't use the ball as well as he did in previous games.

Gerrard - 4.  Had no answer to being pressed and harried by opposition players.  Looks like the events of this year have affected his confidence and motivation.   I feel sorry for him. 

Lucas - 5.  Offered little apart from one very nice ball to set up an attack down the right.  Didn't do an awful lot wrong but made way at half time for a more creative player as the Reds chased the game.

Henderson - 5. Not bad, not great.  I think he's being slowly dragged into the mess that is everything around him. Always puts in maximum effort.

Sterling - 6.  A well taken finish offered some hope.  Adapted well to the tactical reshuffle.  

Borini - 4.  Found space well on some occasions but let himself down with his finishing.

Balotelli - 6. Excellent technique indirectly created the chance Sterling buried.  Working hard for the team despite the lack of service.

Subs:-

Lallana - 6.  Regaining form and fitness following his injury.  Linked the play well.  A very promising 45 minutes.

Sakho - 4.  He's a disaster waiting to happen and it duly happened twice.  Failed to notice that Lovren had already gone up for a high ball.  How?  He can see the whole picture.  Or can he?  Does he just ball watch?  I'm at a loss to explain why he doesn't notice Lovren going for that ball.  Compounded another poor display by gifting possession to West Ham in the most dangerous part of the pitch for their third goal, killing off any chance we had of taking something from the game.   I thought CB's were told to head it up and away if in doubt.  Not straight into the danger zone.  Kamikaze stuff.

Lambert - 5.  Whatevs.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Largely agree, TK. Sakho, I think probably a 5 rather than a 4. Lucas a 4 rather than a 5. Gerrard a 3 rather than a 4.

A good round up, in full.

Do you have any more TK features in the pipeline? I'd like to see something with diagrams.

Thanks mate.  I'm still getting used to this ratings lark and applying the ratings consistently.  It's all a bit "4, 5 and 6" at the moment.  But the lads keep letting us all down and giving us 4, 5 and 6 out of 10 types of displays.

I don't have any more features lined up but was toying with the idea of a preview for each match.  However, that would require more time and effort.  

But if you're lucky you might see a diagram in future editions of the Ratings. 

Mignolet - 0. Fucking dogshit.

Manquillo - 1. Dogshit.

Lovren - 0. Fucking dogshit

Skrtel - 1. Dogshit

Moreno - 1. Dogshit.

Gerrard - 0. Fucking dogshit.

Lucas - -1. Fucking useless dogshit

Henderson - 2. Did OK.

Sterling - 2. Did OK. 

Borini - 0.  Fucking dogshit.

Balotelli - 0. Fucking dogshit.

Lallana - 1. Dogshit.

Sakho - 0. Fucking dogshit.

• Upvote 4

Mignolet was a 3 for me, came off his line for the corner, then retreated back, allowing not one but two West Ham players to head the ball one yard from the goal line. Second goal Mignolet gets lobbed a few feet off his line, absolutely disgraceful.

The stuff of nightmares, thankfully we didn't spend any money on him... what?

I see Skrtel and Manquillo receiving less criticism than Sakho even though we were 2 goals down 6 mins into the game.

Sakho steadied the defence when he was brought on for Manquillo, granted he had a part in the third goal, but as did Gerrard, Skrtel and Mignolet

Skrtel gets a sympathy 5 for it being his first game back and resembling a competent centre back after the slow start.  Manquillo got the same score as Sakho, but again has mitigation in that he is new to this league and has had to play every game because of injuries.

Sakho doesn't have those luxuries, cleaned out Lovren for no reason whatsoever and made his now customary howler. 

Welcome to the long-awaited third installment of TK's Ratings.  

Mignolet - 5.  Lack of aerial presence saw us struggle with set pieces again.  Depressing.

Manquillo - 4.  This was one game too far for the new right back, who has been playing every game.  Hooked very early on following a Rodgers reshuffle.  it was nothing to do with one game too far.  It was to do with his inability to manage the threat (in particular there arial threat) coming from that side

Lovren - 4.  Torrid start to Anfield career continued with an unconvincing display.  Poor distribution.  Unlucky to be "Terry Butchered" by Sakho, which was probably the last thing he needed.  The incident summed up their lack of understanding.  It was actually Sakho's ball to be won, as he was coming on to it and Lovren was back-pedalling.  Lovren guilty again of trying to do too much.

Skrtel - 5.  First game back.  I was hoping he would bring some solidity to the back line, but it didn't happen as the Reds were caught cold in the opening 10 minutes.  Did okay after that. Skrtel was responsible for not picking up the man on the first goal.  Leaving him to Henderson was always going to end in disaster there.  Poor game from Skrtel overall.  Was certainly worse than Sakho.  

Moreno - 5.  Played his part in the goal with another good delivery.  He continues to be a bit suspect defensively/positionally and didn't use the ball as well as he did in previous games.  Suffering due to lack of intelligent movement from the front tow, and he was more tightly marshalled than in previous games.  Opposition teams are getting wise.  

Gerrard - 4.  Had no answer to being pressed and harried by opposition players.  Looks like the events of this year have affected his confidence and motivation.   I feel sorry for him. Nothing to do with motivation or confidence.  More to do with the tragic lack of movement in front and around him.  I commented on it during the game.  People have always tried to close him down - the difference last year is that we had so much movement up front, that opposition teams would have to stand off him to concentrate on checking the runners from our midfield.  Lucas was almost comically bad when Gerrard had the ball.  It looked like he was deliberately hiding behind an opposition player to that Gerrard couldn't pass to him.  I'll watch the game again later just to confirm I wasn't  imagining it.  Henderson is going through a poor patch too, which meant that he wasn't always available for the pass.  Gerrard's out of form undoubtedly, but those around him are doing their best to ensure he remains under pressure.  

Lucas - 5.  Offered little apart from one very nice ball to set up an attack down the right.  Didn't do an awful lot wrong but made way at half time for a more creative player as the Reds chased the game.  Chocolate teacup.  I notice you didn't make a note of the blinding balls Sakho put through to create very solid chances - knew to Sterling was sublime.  Lucas too often running in treacle, failing to catch Downing FFS, and easily brushed aside by Song who then set up a very good chance for the other Sakho.  Lucas offered fuck all defensively and even less going forward.  The difference between his influence and the influence on the game Lallana brought with his introduction was almost laughable.  

Henderson - 5. Not bad, not great.  I think he's being slowly dragged into the mess that is everything around him. Always puts in maximum effort.  Another poor game from Henderson.  Ineffectual - back to what we saw from him before Rodgers turned him around last season.  If anyone is suffering from a crisis in confidence, it's him.  

Sterling - 6.  A well taken finish offered some hope.  Adapted well to the tactical reshuffle.  A good player  struggling to shine amongst some very ordinary performers

Borini - 4.  Found space well on some occasions but let himself down with his finishing. Primarily let himself down with his fucking stupidity.  He offers movement but nothing else.  At least he keeps the odd opposition defender occupied from time to time.  

Balotelli - 6. Excellent technique indirectly created the chance Sterling buried.  Working hard for the team despite the lack of service.  Too static for my liking at the moment - I want him to get more involved in the final third, and even come slightly deeper on occasion to influence play.  

Lallana - 6.  Regaining form and fitness following his injury.  Linked the play well.  A very promising 45 minutes.  I can't see anything wrong with what you've writhed there, but you've made up for it below with your little rant

Sakho - 4.  He's a disaster waiting to happen and it duly happened twice.  Failed to notice that Lovren had already gone up for a high ball.  How?  He can see the whole picture.  Or can he?  Does he just ball watch?  I'm at a loss to explain why he doesn't notice Lovren going for that ball.  Compounded another poor display by gifting possession to West Ham in the most dangerous part of the pitch for their third goal, killing off any chance we had of taking something from the game.   I thought CB's were told to head it up and away if in doubt.  Not straight into the danger zone.  Kamikaze stuff.

Lambert - 5.  Whatevs.  

Skrtel gets a sympathy 5 for it being his first game back and resembling a competent centre back after the slow start.  Manquillo got the same score as Sakho, but again has mitigation in that he is new to this league and has had to play every game because of injuries.

Sakho doesn't have those luxuries, cleaned out Lovren for no reason whatsoever and made his now customary howler. 

That's where you're talking out your hole, and are obviously biased against Sakho.

Granted he clobbered into Lovren. Big fucking whoop.

But his "customary howler"? What other "howlers" has he made? And as "howlers" go, his header the other night wasn't that bad. The ball went into midfield. West Ham still had to travel 50 yards, past 3 or 4 other Liverpool players, before scoring. It's not like he Kompany'd it straight to their forward at the edge of the box!

I really don't get where the hate for Sakho comes from with some people. He really is a decent centreback.