You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League draw, who do you want/not want?

manwiththestick

I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to one of the aways, whoever we draw. Been having a look through the qualified teams and there's a few potential good ones.

I reckon Malmo would be good. A few days in Copenhagen and then cross the bridge over to watch the match. Would be pricey as fuck though, I imagine!

I've just conducted our group draw based on the stringent and scientific method of getting the four pots up on Wikipedia and blindly jabbing my pen at the laptop screen to select a team from each. We will be drawn with the following:

Benfica

Basel

APOEL

Lump on, boys. Lump on.

Guest davelfc

After five years out of the Champions League, Liverpool will today find out who they will face upon their much-anticipated return to the tournament – and we have a handy guide to the possible match-ups supporters could look forward to.

The draw for the 2014-15 group stage will take place from 4.45pm BST on Thursday at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco, setting out the next round of fixtures for the elite European competition.

Liverpool are one of 32 teams to have qualified for this stage of the Champions League, with all participating sides to be seeded into four separate pots based on their UEFA coefficient.

One club from each pot will be drawn into every pool, making up eight sections for the group stage, which gets underway in mid-September - and the Reds have been placed in pot three.

Brendan Rodgers' charges cannot be paired with a rival from the Barclays Premier League, ruling out ties against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City, but a number of mouthwatering encounters could be set up.

Potential opponents from pot one, for example, include heavyweights such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich, plus both of last season's finalists - Atletico Madrid and reigning champions Real Madrid.

For a full breakdown of the pots for today's draw and Liverpool's possible challengers, scroll below, and let us know your dream group by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.

Pot 1
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Benfica
Atletico Madrid
Arsenal
Porto

Pot 2
Schalke
Borussia Dortmund