You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Modern Football Boots

Bjornebye

How many of our players had illuminous yellow boots on last night? At least half the team.

It is fucking horrible. 

What's wrong with a pair of these?

10346.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

Mind you, if I was the manager I'd ban tattoos & these stupid Nazi looking haircuts as well.

On those websites that leak new kit designs and so on, they often leak boot designs too. The boots are usually the multi-coloured highlighter shit that seemingly every player wears these days. On these websites, people can leave comments and it seems as though there are loads of people out there that really like these boot designs. They're also the same people that constantly slag off companies like Warrior for producing outlandishly designed stuff - the irony being that Warrior would never have entered the market in the first place if there was no demand was outlandishly designed stuff. They're the same people that slavishly follow footballer fads like tattooed sleeves, shit haircuts and diabolical spelling and grammar on social media.

• Upvote 1

Not just the colour but the actual boot designs are shit now. All the boot companies have become obsessed with producing the lightest possible boot so you can run faster. The Nike ones for about 140 quid are the flimsiest and shittiest boots I've seen. They won't protect your foot nor will they give you much traction or connection with the ball. I used to buy Predators but even they have gone shit as the average predator boot has no grip on the front which was its unique selling point. Now the only Predators that have any grip on the front cost 160 quid and it just looks like a little bit of melted plastic over the big toe area of the boot. The ones you can buy for 90 quid are just a normal boot with no grip on.

Also a lot of the boot designs don't seem to realise that people don't play on immaculate bowling greens every Saturday and Sunday morning but uneven muddy fields with dog shit curled up by the posts.

Some dickhead in my team as a nipper had a pair of White Joma. Stupid cunt couldn't work out why he was getting snapped every game. By his own team-mates. 

I smile when I imagine what happens to cunts in bright orange boots in the Springfield junior league 

About 3/4 years ago I started playing Saturday league again after a 5 year absence. I played up front the majority of my life so just bought a pair of those F50's. I always had preds when I was younger and didn't realise how light and flimsy boots had become. About 3 weeks into my first season I got shifted to centre half. From then on for the rest of the season I had purple/blue toes just from people standing on my feet. The next season I got a pair of world cups and it sorted that out straight away.

I treated myself to a pair of preds last season for when I don't play at the back and was considering getting a new pair but they are now 160 quid the cheeky cunts.

I just bought my wee fella a new pair of boots.

He's hard to buy for, and the only ones I could get to fit him properly were plain black Adidas - just like the OP but with a hint of blue around the top of the tongue and on the soles. They look boss.

The number of people (other lads and their dads) who have commented on how cool they are is just ridiculous. Nobody else is wearing anything remotely similar.