You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Samuel Eto'o

WhiskeyJar

Samuel Eto’o ‘undergoes Liverpool medical’ ahead of one-year deal

Metro Sport Reporter

Friday 22 Aug 2014 5:56 pm

shares Share Share

Eto'o undergoes Liverpool medical ahead of one-year deal

Samuel Eto’o could be joining Liverpool (Picture: Getty)

Samuel Eto’o is believed to be having a medical at Liverpool, according to reports.

The free agent, released by Chelsea at the end of last season, has been linked with a move to Anfield in recent days despite the Reds’ £16m move for AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli.

And it appears despite late interest from Merseyside rivals Everton, the 33-year-old has opted to join Brendan Rodgers’ men on a one-year deal.

According to Goal.com, Eto’o is having a medical outside of the UK today and if all goes to plan, a deal could be in place over the weekend and could boost Sunderland’s hopes of landing Fabio Borini.

Meanwhile, Balotelli is said to have arrived at Melwood as he prepares to agree personal terms with the Reds ahead of his move from Serie A.

The Guardian are reporting this is precautionary as a back up to Balotelli. Mario B is still our main target, but Rodgers still has reservations and won't complete until he has a 1-to-1 meeting with him, so we're preparing Eto'o just in case.

They're saying it'll be one or the other, not both.

But if its true, why would you do a medical? Unless we are being stonewall jackson on the Balotelli clauses.

I don't see why it needs to be one or the other. Sell Borini and bring in both Balotelli and Eto'o. That gives us a depth in strikers that at least approaches Man City's.

If we are after both, we'll be happy we did if Sturridge goes down for a lengthy period.

• Upvote 1

Eto'o shit? Borini better than him?

Wow, some expired heroin sold in those villages....

Can you remind me when was the last time Borini reached Eto'o's heights in the Champions League, La Liga and Serie A? When was the last time he scored 37 goals in one season? Shit a striker who scored 130 goals for Barcelona? You guys are an entertaining bunch here. I really enjoy the time I invest in this forum. I like Borini, I don't consider him "shit", but he is nowhere near as good as Eto'o and I don't think he will ever be, although you never know.

Eto'o shit? Borini better than him?

Wow, some expired heroin sold in those villages....

Can you remind me when was the last time Borini reached Eto'o's heights in the Champions League, La Liga and Serie A? When was the last time he scored 37 goals in one season? Shit a striker who scored 130 goals for Barcelona? You guys are an entertaining bunch here. I really enjoy the time I invest in this forum. I like Borini, I don't consider him "shit", but he is nowhere near as good as Eto'o and I don't think he will ever be, although you never know.

Are you starting to at least imagine being happy now that we have Mario? Surely you can't rant on about Ayre like you were doing before at this stage, not after the signings we've made now.