You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where should be buy players from?

Jose Jones

The player let down thread got me to thinking... surely we can use science to look at our previous signings and how successful they were, and hence find out where we should buy players from in order for them to be good in the future.

So, some rules.

Scotland - YES, unless they are fat.

Denmark - Molby, Agger = YES.

Norway - only extremely one footed left backs, otherwise NO.

Middlesbrough - only right footed players.

Israel - surprising cult heroes and useful squad players, but get rid after a season.

Everton - NO.  Sign evertonians when they are kids and re-programme them.  Sorry Ross Barkley.

Have we ever signed anyone from Southampton?  Could be important.  Any other rules supported by science?

Ireland: yes. Some great Irish players over the years but the pool of talent is shite these days.

Italy: fuck off.

France: hasn't really worked out for us has it? We've had a few tards over the years.

Chester: yes. Has to be a mini Rushie there somewhere.

If you're not at O'Higgins' first game of the season you've not got the gig.

I'm afraid they started last week. O'Higgins winning 2-1 away at Union La Calera. I've had to make do with a recording of the game, which I'll be going over with a fine-tooth comb.