You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

He’s a very good footballer. I don’t know where this idea comes that he isn’t. However, he doesn’t suit the way Klopp wants to play and he knows that he won’t be a starter for us, so he’s moving on. However, in the right team he’ll be a very good player for someone. I’ll be sad if he stays in England as he’ll strengthen most squads he joins.

He's good but he's quite slow in thought, so any team he plays for would have to play slower for him to be a success there. Italy would be perfect for him, as Germany would be I'm sure.

He’s a very good footballer. I don’t know where this idea comes that he isn’t. However, he doesn’t suit the way Klopp wants to play and he knows that he won’t be a starter for us, so he’s moving on. However, in the right team he’ll be a very good player for someone. I’ll be sad if he stays in England as he’ll strengthen most squads he joins.

it's down to him never playing well for more than a few games at a time in a Liverpool shirt. in how many years?

He's good but he's quite slow in thought, so any team he plays for would have to play slower for him to be a success there. Italy would be perfect for him, as Germany would be I'm sure.

The German league is played at a pace similar to the EPL. Italian football is also now played at a faster tempo than its been played before. Can't see him being more than a squad player elsewhere either.

He turns like the largest oiltanker in the world. He is clapping butterflies during matches, granted not as many times as he used to. and his speed of thought is slow for Klopp football.

But on his day he plays good football, there is just to long between them, as suggested a slower league would sue him well as he have some strenghts aswell when turned and facing the opposition. 

Not my kind of player as the fight in him is somewhat lacking on a consistent basis, if he had Milners work rage, he'd be a good squad player for us. Shame we wont get a penny for him, or is there a " development fee " coming our way ?

Disappointing that he's leaving, and disappointed a bit with all those giving him abuse. It's like he's committed a cardinal sin by leaving. He's given us 4 years of decent service and has seen out his contract. It's not like he's done a Torres or Sterling by forcing a move to a rival club while still under contract. Let him go in peace, players should be allowed to leave if they want to move on - just as long as they conduct themselves in a good manner, which IMO he has done. 

• Upvote 2

Disappointing that he's leaving, and disappointed a bit with all those giving him abuse. It's like he's committed a cardinal sin by leaving. He's given us 4 years of decent service and has seen out his contract. It's not like he's done a Torres or Sterling by forcing a move to a rival club while still under contract. Let him go in peace, players should be allowed to leave if they want to move on - just as long as they conduct themselves in a good manner, which IMO he has done. 

Lets wait and see where he ends up first, he could still go to Utd.  The two you mentioned got us £50million a piece this prick has no doubt delayed us enough about signing a new contract so he could walk for free.

Lets wait and see where he ends up first, he could still go to Utd.  The two you mentioned got us £50million a piece this prick has no doubt delayed us enough about signing a new contract so he could walk for free.

He has the right to refuse a new contract just as we had the right to sell him while he was under contract with us. He's not broken any rules. But yeah, I'd probably change my tune sharpish if he goes to the mancs. I doubt he will though, don't think there's any substance in that rumour at all...

He has the right to refuse a new contract just as we had the right to sell him while he was under contract with us. He's not broken any rules. But yeah, I'd probably change my tune sharpish if he goes to the mancs. I doubt he will though, don't think there's any substance in that rumour at all...

and Torres and Sterling had a right to request a move away.

The second the clock strikes midnight on 1st July he’s signing for City, by the looks of it.

When can he officially negotiate or sign for a PL team? I would have thought he could have legally signed a pre contract by now if he wanted to.

It’s a weird weird scenario, whatever you think of him he’s played for Bayern Munich, played in the CL with Leverkusen, he’s had 4 years 2 of which he’s been a regular in the starting XI at one of the biggest clubs in the world, a German international and is only what? 24? And at the moment is basically without a club and it’s all gone silent with him. Juve keep saying they’re hopefully signing him next week and he could have signed for a PL team by now if he was, I could be wrong but he can sign for anyone in the world at the moment yet he hasn’t. Something fishy’s going on, that’s why I suspect it could be Utd but more likely City and wants to announce it so he can go straight there instead of signing now and having to wait infuriating our fans.

I’ve said before but maybe he signed a pre contract with Juve months ago and is trying to get out of it somehow with his lawyers working overtime because at the time maybe City weren’t interested but now are or he’s seen how far we actually progressed this season and wants to stay.

When can he officially negotiate or sign for a PL team? I would have thought he could have legally signed a pre contract by now if he wanted to.

It’s a weird weird scenario, whatever you think of him he’s played for Bayern Munich, played in the CL with Leverkusen, he’s had 4 years 2 of which he’s been a regular in the starting XI at one of the biggest clubs in the world, a German international and is only what? 24? And at the moment is basically without a club and it’s all gone silent with him. Juve keep saying they’re hopefully signing him next week and he could have signed for a PL team by now if he was, I could be wrong but he can sign for anyone in the world at the moment yet he hasn’t. Something fishy’s going on, that’s why I suspect it could be Utd but more likely City and wants to announce it so he can go straight there instead of signing now and having to wait infuriating our fans.

I’ve said before but maybe he signed a pre contract with Juve months ago and is trying to get out of it somehow with his lawyers working overtime because at the time maybe City weren’t interested but now are or he’s seen how far we actually progressed this season and wants to stay.

No way he stays now, the club have already announced that he's leaving. I don't believe there would be a wriggle out of a pre contract agreement unless there was just cause so it would probably cost millions to get out.

Most likely is he's staying in England and cannot sign until his contract is fully up. Most likely is City rather than United.

No way he stays now, the club have already announced that he's leaving. I don't believe there would be a wriggle out of a pre contract agreement unless there was just cause so it would probably cost millions to get out.

Most likely is he's staying in England and cannot sign until his contract is fully up. Most likely is City rather than United.

I think you can sign for a club in England one month before the end of your contract which is only a few weeks away for Can so he could have signed for literally anyone by now. I agree that I can’t see him staying now, it’s just all a bit strange for me. If Juve buy Savic and City end up buying someone else soon then I can see him not starting pre season without a club. Juve won’t sign him and Savic whilst already having Matuidi Khedira etc same goes for City, their preferred midfield is Fernandinho-Silva-De Bruyne with Gundogan etc on the bench, Can would be Fernandinho’s understudy for a season or two if he went there or as some have said Yaya’s replacement.

He’s a very shrewd signing on a free for anyone, they could keep him for a season and sell him on for £30m+ minimum or he fulfils his potential and becomes a world class DM, by all accounts it’s about the money so his contract wouldn’t be astronomical even for a free transfer so it’s kind of a win/win for anyone signing him. I hope to fuck he doesn’t go to Utd!