You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

Saw where one of the lads from the Anfield Wrap posted today on twitter that Can has just purchased the house he's living in that up until now he's been renting.

Not sure I'm great at reading the tea leaves, but that's certainly a mighty big leaf.

So he can sell or rent it to his replacement?

• Upvote 1

Saw where one of the lads from the Anfield Wrap posted today on twitter that Can has just purchased the house he's living in that up until now he's been renting.

Not sure I'm great at reading the tea leaves, but that's certainly a mighty big leaf.

Buy low, sell high?

He’s going to City, would explain a few things like why he’s buying the house he lives in and Pep tried to reactivate his buyback clause whilst at Bayern, apparently City have pulled out of the Fred transfer aswell. He’s nailed on to go there.

He’s going to City, would explain a few things like why he’s buying the house he lives in and Pep tried to reactivate his buyback clause whilst at Bayern, apparently City have pulled out of the Fred transfer aswell. He’s nailed on to go there.

He'll look the business on the bench there. 

Been talking to the German press today away with their national team.

Apparently he wants to play in England or Spain: "I'm doing great in England, the Spanish league is also attractive."

Oh, wait, he wants to go to Germany or Italy: "Germany, where tactics are concerned, or Italian football, which has recently caught up."

Hold on, he's also open to joining PSG in France: "The same applies to France, the league has now established itself."

Er, Emre, I hate to break it to you, but you play for Liverpool. I had held out some hope that with our resurgence he might reconsider and sign a long-term deal for us, but it's obvious he's halfway out the door.

• Upvote 1

I really do not think this lad going will be a big loss. Except in the clubs accounts as we get nothing for him.

I think it will be a loss as we must be the most threadbare squad of all the top clubs and losing yet another experience player is a big problem. I think Klopp wants to keep Milner(big wages) and Henderson(injury prone) but questions will undoubtedly be asked about their wages from the club's money men regarding their cost versus benefit.

He also said that he has the quality to play at a very big club next season, I’m not sure what context he said that but if he’s said it as it’s come across he’s already gone.

He’ll be at City next season, I have a gut feeling that was his plan all along, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if his agent and Guardiola have had an arrangement for a year or two that when he left Guardiola and Bayern he’d go back in for him if he developed into the player they hoped he would and now on a free is a perfect opportunity.

Disappointed that he is (probably) leaving. I think he's our best central midfielder at the moment. Not saying a lot I know but he's got bags of quality and would love to have him alongside Keita and another great central midfielder that we should hopefully buy this summer.