You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I rated him as well, to my eternal shame.

Same. I think he got a rough ride by some because he looks awkward, but put in some good performances. He was very good at times last season for them, but fat pills and injury look to have made him... wank... er. 

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I rated him as well, to my eternal shame.

I got Markovic and Karius wrong as well. It seems match-going fans have a better insight on how much a player is trusted by teammates and whether their overall presence is in keeping with the flow of the game.

6 hours ago, Hades said:

Played another hospital pass to Milivojevic that led to a chance for Kane yesterday. Can't believe I used to rate him.

Or the player receiving the ball had spent it before he'd earned it. Wasn't exactly pinged at him, was it? 

Fuck me, the way this place rewrites history sometimes. He was playing at a very decent level for a time there, but he didn't sustain it. Part of that was because of injury, but he also did himself no favors with the pills etc, which marked the beginning of the end from Klopp's point of view. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Still shouldn't have been stupid enough to take diet pills without talking to the club. And had he not acted the dick in preseason might have saved himself. 

Made good money on him 

He was also fucked off on loan to make space for Matip and the 26ml for him the next year helped get Virgil. 

I dont have much time for sakho, I never thought he was as good as many made him out to be despite his worthy charitable work.

WADA made a complete balls up here and they've had to fess up and pay him money. I dont know if him playing in the EL final against Sevilla would have made a difference but who really knows?

• 2 years later...

Former Liverpool and Crystal Palace defender Mamadou Sakho is in trouble.

The centre half is facing the sack at French club Montpellier for attacking his head coach.

Sakho is said to have allegedly gone at his manager Michel Der Zakarian in training.

Per French media reports, Der Zakarian did not allow for a foul on Sakho in a training game.

Sakho was then storming away, with his head coach stating the session was not optional.

The defender then came back onto the field and was involved with Der Zakarian in a physical altercation.

French newspaper L'Equipe states that Montpellier are even considering ripping up Sakho's contract.

14 minutes ago, amli said:

The centre half is facing the sack at French club Montpellier for attacking his head coach.

Sakho is said to have allegedly gone at his manager Michel Der Zakarian in training.

Per French media reports, Der Zakarian did not allow for a foul on Sakho in a training game.

Sakho was then storming away, with his head coach stating the session was not optional.

The defender then came back onto the field and was involved with Der Zakarian in a physical altercation.

French newspaper L'Equipe states that Montpellier are even considering ripping up Sakho's contract.

You need a bit of that.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, amli said:

If only he’d done that here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, amli said:

The cliche about thick footballer and how “their brains are all in their feet”?

Mamadou’s brains weren’t in his feet either. 

• Upvote 1