You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Really starting to look forward to this now. Who will you be following? I know there's a few here who'll be behind Ingurland but I'm firmly behind Uruguay and Germany.

Also, we need a world cup wallchart for the office - anyone know where there's a decent downloadable one? The Mirror's is fucking awful and I don't particularly want to advertise the Daily Heil, though it's better than the Mirror's.

• Upvote 2

Really starting to look forward to this now. Who will you be following? I know there's a few here who'll be behind Ingurland but I'm firmly behind Uruguay and Germany.

Also, we need a world cup wallchart for the office - anyone know where there's a decent downloadable one? The Mirror's is fucking awful and I don't particularly want to advertise the Daily Heil, though it's better than the Mirror's.

Fuck Ingerlund and the trumpet playing drumbanging gobshites who follow them. Hope Luis tears them a new one.

I'll support England since I'm from there and since I'd rather idiotic fans don't prevail as the majority. We've the square root of no hope so after we've failed I'll probably support whoever has played the tournament in the right way, good attacking football allied with fair play and genuine enjoyment.

• Upvote 1

Really looking forward to it. Evening games so I shouldn’t miss any plus not living with her through the week gives me cart-blanche to watch Switzerland v Ecuador with my thumb up my arse and no-one around to harass me into doing the dishes or abuse me for not even being from Switzerland or Ecuador.

I will be cheering England as an international tournament bandwagon cunt but know full well they have no chance of winning it.

Argentina for me and I would love them to win it as well.

I honestly think it would benefit us for Suarez to have a shit world cup. Can’t be arsed with another summer all about him staying or going. 

I'm backing Portugal from a money sense.

Sterling, Sturridge, Gerrard and Hendo mean I'll be wanting England to do well, but as i know better they wont, i want football to win. If thats Germany or Argentina, so be it.

Guest LFD

Sterling, Sturridge, Gerrard and Hendo mean I'll be wanting England to do well

It is going to be ace watching England with half of the team our players.

Guest LFD

Until you see the lack of general attacking threat and Sterling being hauled off you Wellbeck can play up top with Rooney and the long straight punts up the middle

Yeah, until then.

England should have a great chance at this World Cup.  If Rodgers was the manager, I think they'd be one of the favourites.  But under Hodgson, I think they'll scrape out of the group and get knocked out early after that.

I hope England are 3-0 up against Germany in the final, somehow Germany make it 3-2 and then in the 90th minute Rooney mis-controls the ball, slips and Muller (the most German, German of them all) slots it through Joe Harts legs.  Then England lose on penalties.

Then we'll see how many memes, vines and funny pictures I can post and send to everybody in the 24 hours afterwards.

It should be Sturridge +1 for the attack. Whether that be Shrek, Welbeck or Lambert, I'd let the manager decide, but the idea that England should automatically start with Rooney is an idea so laughable it's ridiculous. In the history of International football, if you could compile a list of players who simply fail to turn up- Rooney would be a top 3 contender. He's done absolutely Fuck all for 10 years.

Sturridge is the form player, he starts every game for me.

I'll root for whichever side has more of our players, so that's England.

No matred who the manager is, how many cunts are in the side or how moronic some of the support, hoping for a side Gerrard's captaining to lose just seems wrong on every level.

Yep. I used to really hate the England team when it was Ferdinand, Mongo, Ashley Cole etc. But considering the cunt quota is actually fairly low in this squad - it should be fairly easy to want them to do well anyway.

-----------------------------Hart-----------------------------

Flanagan--------Jagielka----Cahill--------------Baines

--------------------------Gerrard---------------------------

Sterling-----------------Barkley------------------Lallana

----------------Rooney--------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Sturridge-----------------                     

Guest LFD

Henderson should play.

Henderson should play.

Him or Barkley. But yes you are right I would need to find somewhere for him. 

Just hope Hodgson doesn't rely too much on experience. Carrick, Cole, Milner etc can all fuck off. 

Same goes for Wellbeck and all. Utter dog shit of a player 

I'm not English so don't want England to do well, in truth, I'd rather as many Reds as possible get knocked out so they can rest before the new season.

But that team is very impressive (I don't think Flanno will make squad, Johnson will get the nod ahead of him) Would I be right in saying all the English fans and media know they will do shit due to their Manager?

For me, outsider, looking in, that is the only flaw, a huge one mind.

Guest LFD

I think against Italy and the better teams, England should have Henderson and Wilshire instead of Barkley and Lallana - with Sterling in the tip of the diamond role.

But against the weaker sides you could be more adventurous.  I'd still probably have Henderson over Lallana though - who I think could be a great impact sub.

Hoping for Belgium and Colombia to do well.. But generally any good, attacking, fun football will do me so probably Germany, Netherlands, Spain if they chillax a bit from the Barca tika-taka boring shite and play like they did on EURO'08.