You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best pub in the city to watch our matches?

duke2

Long-time lurker here. Southport lad and lifelong Red exiled in London all of my adult life.

I'm coming home this weekend with my wife and baby to visit my parents for Easter and want to watch the Norwich match in a Liverpool city centre pub with a load of proper Reds.

Only seen the lads once this season, the league defeat at the Emirates. I've watched most of the rest of our matches on TV on my lonesome.

Is there anywhere in particular that anyone can recommend for a warm welcome, lots of singing and some decent beers? Maybe some good lunch options too in case I can persuade my old Dad to get out of his chair and join me?

Any suggestions (with rough locations/road names included) much appreciated.

Thanks

The Bricks good as well on County Road, in fact most of the pubs down there have got a great atmosphere on match day. Just make sure you wear your liverpool top, because you might receive a frosty reception if no-one knows you and you turn up in plain gear.

The Bricks good as well on County Road, in fact most of the pubs down there have got a great atmosphere on match day. Just make sure you wear your liverpool top, because you might receive a frosty reception if no-one knows you and you turn up in plain gear.

He'll be shitting bricks before too long.

Head up hardman street area , ye cracke maybe.or fly in the loaf I think do food, also .

Bierkeller is a huge corporate bar full of lads on stag dos. Over priced, under staffed, fuckin packed and loads of security looking menacing.

Go to a boozer.

Go to the Dispensary on Renshaw Street and ask for Dave, he's a proper scouser, loves liverpool football club, ask him for a glass of water with some ice and take a seat and enjoy the game.

This is sage advice. For added spice take in some sandwiches you've bought off-premises and start eating them in there; he doesn't mind.

I remember being in there a couple of years ago - I'd just gone up to the bar to get the next round. Dave was engaged in talking to this customer (an obvious real-ale fanatic) who was giving him fulsome praise for the way he ran his establishment and the quality of his ale. Dave, quite politely for him, listened and nodded as this harmless fella sang Dave's praises then went on his way. One of the regulars at the corner of the bar said 'Who was that Dave?', to which Dave replied, 'Dunno, some gobshite.' I just creased with laughter at this typically Dave-like behaviour.

That said, he's a solid Red and always lets onto me when I'm back home. He'd still give me shit if I broke one of his bonkers 'rules' though. The crackpot.