You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

You need to go to mystreams.tv.

It will also bang on about bitcoin but it will allow you to pay via PayPal.

Where do you download the kodi add-on from and do you have instructions for perfect player although I recall you saying that the add-on is more stable in the add-on.

Where do you download the kodi add-on from and do you have instructions for perfect player although I recall you saying that the add-on is more stable in the add-on.

You dl the Kodi add on from the MyStreams website. I think there's a How To page and it's all in there.

Never used Perfect Player.

• Upvote 1

You can play Smoothstreams without kodi by simply watching it within the online player they provide and can Chromecast it to your telly if its running on a separate computer.

You’ve got to decide which IPTV provider you’re going to be using first, mate. Perfect Player might not necessarily be the best app to use for whichever sub you decide to take out. A lot of them use the SmartIPTV app, and there’s others too. It’s tricky to choose who to go with in the sense that word of mouth is usually all you’ve got to go on.

I used to use Sportsmania but wanted more channels, specifically all of the kids ones, and with a decent EPG. I went with StreamCenter off the back of a recommendation from Carvhalo Diablo on here. It was spot on for a good while, synced the EPG well using Perfect Player, but it’s not the the cheapest. I’m into my second sub with them now and whilst it’s still reliable for footy/sports, the reliability of all the other channels seems to be getting worse. In fact, the kids channels are more stable and down less often on free apps like Mobdro and RedBoxTV.

That’s why I started the IPTV thread a couple down from this one. I’m gonna be looking for a new provider myself once my sub with StreamCenter is up. It will be interesting to see what everyone else is using.

A lot of them will offer free trials or one day passes for a couple of quid. I’d suggest maybe try before you buy unless you get it on good authority that it’s worth handing over your cash. That’s what I’ll be doing myself in the new year when I switch.

Perfect player was the one recommended by the provider. I've managed to get it all working and it works great. Had our game on today on both the new device and and the Roku downstairs and both were faultless. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My sportsmania is up so I'll be moving to the IPTV thread for footie

Is IPTV a name for a whole load of different services (like KODI as a host) or is it the name of one service (like SmoothStreams)?

• 2 weeks later...

covenant is shit for me. Developer has bowed out apparently.

I'll give Elysium another shot.

Make sure to create your own MovieDB Api key and install it into Elysium settings. Bit of a faff but took only 10 minutes, used a YouTube walkthrough.

Poseidon is just like Covenant but it has more scrapers.

• 1 month later...

Kodi is back on the Xbox!

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-xbox-one

Great news this. The Xbox One is now probably about to become the best set top Kodi box out there. Even better news is that I bought an Xbox One S about a month ago.

I would suggest use with caution as it's possible that Microsoft would track usage. If your router has a VPN on it's probably not an issue.