You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout 4

Cardie

It's what Bethesda do best, a woefully out of date game engine, dodgy animation, buggy game play monotonous radiant quests (another settlement needs our help) but addictive games, games you can lose yourself in. for days.

Not sure they get away with doing the same with Fallout 5 (or a new Elder Scrolls game once they're finished flogging Skyrim over and over again), it'll need a massive overhaul given the things we're seeing from the likes of CD Projekt Red and Guerilla Games.

Yep. They need to freshen it all up but therein lies a new problem, they could completely fuck it all up.

Well after a few weeks of putting it off and doing side missions I finally finished the main story earlier. Just didn't want it to end so put it off for that reason.

Won't probably go back to it now as that's nearly 5 days of my life taken up.

Great game, has its flaws but it's addictive as hell.

Loved it and will miss playing it.

Finished at Level 44 I think and still feel large parts of the world have yet to be discovered but the main story is toast now so time to move onto something else.

Finished at Level 44 I think and still feel large parts of the world have yet to be discovered but the main story is toast now so time to move onto something else.

The main story is the weakest part and you're probably missing some of the best parts of the game in the exploration and side quests (proper side quests not the find and fetch quests).

The main story is the weakest part and you're probably missing some of the best parts of the game in the exploration and side quests (proper side quests not the find and fetch quests).

I think I've done a large amount of them to be fair. I've done the main quests almost as an afterthought in this game.

Thought the main story was indeed a bit underwhelming but loved the game all the same. Already getting withdrawal sweats and finished it this afternoon.

There are a few little challenge you can set yourself that you can dip in and out of as and when you get the itch while playing other games but it depends what you enjoy in the game.

I tried surviving in the game by never leaving the sanctuary once you get out of the vault (after reading an article about someone who tried the same), it's a dice roll on whether you can entice the small group of bandits north of the vault to come down as far as sanctuary and whether you can find a few specific items in crates to allow you to progress but if you like the trading and building side of the game it's a good way to add some difficulty.

• 1 year later...

Fallout 76 announced today alongside a teaser trailer (no gameplay though)

Looks set a decade or so later after the bombs hit.

No details of what type of game yet but I’m excited anyway. Hopefully it’s Fallout 4’s equivalent of New Vegas.

More details being announced at E3 on June 10th.

https://twitter.com/fallout/status/1001825666034208769?s=21

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Finally went back to this game while I wait for Cyberpunk to sort its shit out, it's like returning home. This and FIFA should sort me out until February, when Cyberpunk should be in a better condition. 

Hoping to add even more to my 200+ hours on Fallout 4 and finally started the Vault 88 expension pack.

Anyone try this? Trying to build a huge vault currently and it's an absolute mindfuck. Couldn't even build the overseers office without coming into problems, before disassembling about an hours work.

I fucking love this game. 

• 3 months later...
On 17/12/2020 at 12:06, Juniper said:

Finally went back to this game while I wait for Cyberpunk to sort its shit out, it's like returning home. This and FIFA should sort me out until February, when Cyberpunk should be in a better condition. 

Hoping to add even more to my 200+ hours on Fallout 4 and finally started the Vault 88 expension pack.

Anyone try this? Trying to build a huge vault currently and it's an absolute mindfuck. Couldn't even build the overseers office without coming into problems, before disassembling about an hours work.

I fucking love this game. 

Bought The DLC's over Chrimbo - it's like a new game. Aye, Vault 88 needs a totally different mindset to all the other settlement builds. I started with a massive atrium pretty much the length of the first main space. Then bolted all the rooms off the side. Fiddly as fuck though like you say. Nuka World was boss as well. Crafted a MIRV two-shot fat man (effectively fires 12 nukes) and annihilated the gangs there. Which was fun.