You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Cyborg was so close to pulling it off as well. By moving her face into all of Nunes's punches, it took away the mental stress of having to guess when Amanda was going to throw a punch. It also removed the physical stress of having to evade any of her punches - which freed her mind up for more cerebral tasks.

It was all going perfectly. Amanda was fatiguing herself by unloading, vicious, unanswered power punches on Cyborgs chin, and Cyborg was contemplating the purpose of Dark Matter in Quantum Physics to keep her mind sharp throughout the onslaught. Cyborg's plan was to isolate and contain the fatigue, by channeling it all into her face - thereby conserving 100% stamina in her arms and legs, so she could spring an attack when Amanda got tired. Unfortunately it was her own face that succumbed to fatigue in the first, literally seconds before her masterplan came to fruition. Fine margins at this level.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Cyborg was so close to pulling it off as well. By moving her face into all of Nunes's punches, it took away the mental stress of having to guess when Amanda was going to throw a punch. It also removed the physical stress of having to evade any of her punches - which freed her mind up for more cerebral tasks.

It was all going perfectly. Amanda was fatiguing herself by unloading, vicious, unanswered power punches on Cyborgs chin, and Cyborg was contemplating the purpose of Dark Matter in Quantum Physics to keep her mind sharp throughout the onslaught. Cyborg's plan was to isolate and contain the fatigue, by channeling it all into her face - thereby conserving 100% stamina in her arms and legs, so she could spring an attack when Amanda got tired. Unfortunately it was her own face that succumbed to fatigue in the first, literally seconds before her masterplan came to fruition. Fine margins at this level.

Cyborg believed that she had a granite chin and would walk through Nunes punches but that plan backfired spectacularly. I'd still like to see a rematch, as I don't think she could be that stupid twice 

• 2 weeks later...

Not the wisest move

Polyana Viana: UFC fighter injures and apprehends thief

Split picture of Polyana Viana and the thief

A man has found out the hard way that it's a bad idea to try and rob an MMA athlete.

UFC fighter Polyana Viana was waiting outside her Rio de Janeiro apartment on Saturday, when the thief approached and threatened to take her phone.

Realising the danger, the Brazilian strawweight took matters into her own hands, using her MMA skills to knock the man down and keep him immobilised until the police arrived.

"He said: 'Give me the phone. Don't try to react, because I'm armed'," Viana told MMA Junkie.

"Then he put his hand over [a gun], but I realised it was too soft.

"So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear naked choke. Then I sat him down and said, 'Now we'll wait for the police.'"

Viana, 26, has a 10-2 MMA record. Her last fight ended in a decision loss to JJ Aldrich at UFC 227 last August.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just been sent something there on WhatsApp. Looks like there is some BIG McGregor news about to come out. Not the good kind either. Hope to god it isn't true. 

This? 

https://www.mmanews.com/paulie-malignaggi-accuses-conor-mcgregor-of-sexual-harassment/amp/

“THE GUY’S GAY. THE GUY’S GAY AND I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THAT. BUT, LIKE, I’M NOT GAY, SO DON’T COME AT ME THAT WAY, PLEASE. I HAVE RIGHTS AS A STRAIGHT GUY. I HAVE RIGHTS TO TELL YOU I DON’T WANT TO GO THAT WAY. PLEASE, LEAVE ME ALONE. DON’T SEXUALLY HARASS ME THIS WAY.”

I think mcgregor being called gay is the least of his worries. 

The rumours going around over here is that he raped some girl in early December. 

No names are allowed to be released by Irish law, but the accused is a famous sports star, and rumours are its mcgregor. 

Shameful if true. 

Pretty embarrassing by Paulie there.

What did everyone think of the stoppage over the weekend? I can't stand Dillashaw but thought the stoppage was a bit sudden but I can see why the ref maybe stopped it as it looked like Dillashaw would've ate alot more punches had he not stopped it.

1 hour ago, Welsh said:

What did everyone think of the stoppage over the weekend? I can't stand Dillashaw but thought the stoppage was a bit sudden but I can see why the ref maybe stopped it as it looked like Dillashaw would've ate alot more punches had he not stopped it.

Yeah I thought it was slightly premature but he was getting lit up, its a difficult one really.

I hope they do a rematch at 135 then we can see whether Cejudo is the better fighter or the weight cut badly affected TJ. Dillashaw doesn't help himself the way he whinges about stuff to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Em City said:

It's almost certainly true.

I've heard from multiple people with connections and seen screenshots confirming the details. From the sounds of it, he is utterly fucked.

Not something he can pay his way out of?

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

If the allegations do turn out are about him, then he's in a whole heap of shit.  The girl apparently is alleged to have suffered a savage beating as well as being anally raped. 

As disgusting as it sounds but I've read he pushed her tampon so far up it had to be surgically removed. It could all be absolute bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Not something he can pay his way out of?

Absolutely not. She was directed to the sexual trauma unit straight within 24 hours and they would have done a full test. If the stories about lack of protection are true, there will be an abundance of DNA evidence. Apparently, a file was sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions last Thursday. 

All alleged of course.

Nothing would surprise me with this guy, he’s gone well of the deep end since he got rich. Lost respect for him as a fighter after the condition in which he turned up to the khabib fight. Supposedly his coach, Kavanaugh, has washed his hands of him a while back. I already had zero interest in seeing him fight again. 

If this shit is true then I hope they lock him up and throw away the key

5 hours ago, Welsh said:

I think he was done. His head was ping ponging all about the place, he took something like 30 strikes without response, was dropped multiple times. It would’ve lasted another 10 seconds, tops. He claims he had a single leg, which shows he was still in the fight - the reality is he wasn’t even looking in Cejudo’s direction and had no grip. He was done. 

Guess who's drug test came back dirty again....

But the UFC and California are not going to strip and suspend him because they are sure it's reading from his post fight positive, the same one he failed nearly 2 years before. So he tests dirty, then clean, then dirty and clean. But it's all from the first dirty test. 

It's a fucking Sham. The whole sport has gone to shit, protect the big names no matter what