You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez.

He left LFC almost four years ago, let it go, man!

He's still trying to destroy this club. 

1000x665475.jpg

1Garry-Monk-6730109.jpg

Three days after this secret meeting at an undisclosed location, Monk's Swansea side scored 3 goals at Anfield. With all due to respect to Monk, he is no tactical genius so why did his team appear to be so good? It's an incontestable fact that Rafael Benitez signed Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson and all 3 were at fault for a goal, somehow or another. When was the last time Liverpool conceded 3 goals at Anfield in a league match? Well, it was it was in 2009. Try and guess who was manager?

Rafael Benitez

article-0-09E98EFD000005DC-243_233x392.j

What is he up to this time?

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

It's amazing Rafa still has his critics amongst our fans. He may not be perfect and he couldn't deliver us the title but his era at the club is something we should savour, we may not see the likes of it again. Being the dominant force in Europe - unbelievable considering the clubs we were competing with. It was like a throwback to the late 70's/early 80's when we were the number one club in Europe, I loved it. And now we have more and more of these moneybags club that will dominate Europe, it's unlikely we'll be able to replicate the Rafa era again for many years. Very grateful that we were able to have such great moments in Europe with Rafa, a great man.

• Upvote 3

It's amazing Rafa still has his critics amongst our fans. He may not be perfect and he couldn't deliver us the title but his era at the club is something we should savour, we may not see the likes of it again. Being the dominant force in Europe - unbelievable considering the clubs we were competing with. It was like a throwback to the late 70's/early 80's when we were the number one club in Europe, I loved it. And now we have more and more of these moneybags club that will dominate Europe, it's unlikely we'll be able to replicate the Rafa era again for many years. Very grateful that we were able to have such great moments in Europe with Rafa, a great man.

Some people are horrible fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have said we were the dominant force in Europe under Rafa

Maybe getting carried away but we were a force to be reckoned with in Europe again. 2 finals, a semi finals and a few QFs and beat all the best sides around at the time. Magical times.

I like Rafa but agree with Moof.

We were contenders each year but not dominant. Too much placed in the brief UEFA rankings.

Which was pretty much the point I was making in the "The Cult of Shit Coat thread".

Rafa calling Jose a European failure is a bit laughable when Jose has 2 Big Ears and Rafa has one.

I know Rafa has 2 Uefa trophies but Ol' Big Ears is the one that matters when people compare the 2.

Both have great records before TK gets his Rafa undies in a twist just that (as much as I hate the cunt) Jose has one over him.