You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boss music in games

• 7 months later...

This, from around 50 seconds or so in. I just find it fucking epic when the game setting is also right (freaking out a little when fighting a boss at the same time obviously adds to the effect.) Gives me shivers/goosebumps (and I know you meant boss music as in good music, this was just the first related thread I found for it.)  :

• 1 month later...

I think even Hans Zimmer would be impressed with some of the music from Skyrim, the first one reminds me quite a bit of something from a Batman film too. I don't think any of this would have sounded out of place at all in that trilogy either because it's made so well (third one won't show here for some reason.)

Have just checked and the composer hasn't done many films, surprised. He's considered one of the best for games though (Jeremy Soule : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Soule ) :

Tooth and Claw :

Watch the Skies :

Blood and Steel :

Edit : ok, I'm listening to Hans Zimmer from The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack (Imagine The Fire is amazing.) and maybe it's not quite at that level, but if he had the chance to do a big film I think he'd adapt and do it well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have heard almost all of the music in this game now i think, so this is about the last from ESO (there's one tune i looked for but couldn't find it, will probably post if i do.) This one has had the chance to grow on me because it's a tune often played when entering pvp :

The Elder Scrolls Online - To Dance with Daedra