You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you like to see Rafa back one day?

Would you like to see Rafa back again?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Rafa back again?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I voted no. As somebody who has wanted him to return ever since he left, that's a bit or a suprise to me. His time has gone.

We have a manager who needs the same kind of support that Rafa had and still has to a degree.

Rafa earnt the support that Rafa got, if Rodgers is as good as people say he is he will earn that level of support too.

He is supported now.

Can't vote, is it freeloaders only?

Haha, freeloaders, how dare anyone go on a website and choose not to pay for it!

If you want to seem somehow relevent or important as a stranger on the internet go to TLW and turn your name yellow and sneer at the rest who arn't, yeaaahhhh!

I loved Rafa. There were lots of reasons why I loved him. He was a bit crackers, he had a pube beard (I struggle to grow good facial hair) and we were a force to be reckoned with. I felt like he understood the club and the fans and if I saw him in town I could say hi and tell him about him being crackers, his pube beard and how he created a force to be reckoned with, without being bundled to the ground by some bodyguards.

I'd never suggest we get rid of B-Rod now, he deserves another season and the next season will be the real test but would I love to see Rafa back? Yeah I'd fucking love it. Love the guy.

I loved Rafa. There were lots of reasons why I loved him. He was a bit crackers, he had a pube beard (I struggle to grow good facial hair) and we were a force to be reckoned with. I felt like he understood the club and the fans and if I saw him in town I could say hi and tell him about him being crackers, his pube beard and how he created a force to be reckoned with, without being bundled to the ground by some bodyguards.

I'd never suggest we get rid of B-Rod now, he deserves another season and the next season will be the real test but would I love to see Rafa back? Yeah I'd fucking love it. Love the guy.

Rafa won at the Bernebeu, the Nou Camp, beat Inter at the San Siro. Old Gin soak achieved none of the above.

He also outfoxed Mourinho in 3 semi finals. He also in 2009 inflicted the scums biggest defeat at the theatre of delusions in 17 years. How did he do it? He put up what Wayne Rooney said the previous day and used it as his team talk.

Liverpool slammed Rooneys mouth shut..............and firmly shut. The sound of 3000 Liverpool fans sarcastically singing ''Rafa's cracking up'' was hilarious.

His refusal to kiss up to Ferguson was noble. He unlike other managers refused to refer to him as ''Sir''. He just refered to him as ''Ferguson'' was top class. Then again Kenny never called him Sir. Kenny called him Fergie. Except one time in 1988, Kenny refered to Ferguson as ''Him''.

In my eyes Rafa is a legend.

I voted 'not arsed'. I like what Rodgers is doing with the team and am excited for the next few seasons to see how it pans out. People hanging on and waiting for Rafa to return are wasting their time. Just accept and let go. Its like watching your ex bird on Facebook after she has moved on hoping one day she'll come back to you.

Ideally no, because it means another manager is failed. In an idyllic world Rodgers will be here for years with success to show for it.

However, if the circumstances dictated that the current manager lost his job, then as a club it’d be negligent to not even think about it. We saw how the astoundingly stupid attitude of “anyone could go a better job” resulted in us being managed by a complete buffoon who took us into the relegation zone. So if the only choices to take over from Rodgers were Hodgson level managers, then we should of course look to bring him back. I’d hope that if our choices were, for example, Hodgson, Hughes, Pulis or Lennon, that even the staunchest Rafa hater could park that view and welcome Benitez back for the good of the club.

However, if Rodgers were to go in the future, and say for example Klopp had had another few good seasons with Dortmund, then I’d rather someone like that come in. I’m not a big fan of going back to an old club so ideally Rafa should only be coming back if things have gone woefully wrong and our stock has fallen to disastrous levels.

So my answer is yes; but there are a number of caveats.