You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So, how would you react  

187 members have voted

1. 1. So, how would you react

• I'd defo sing derogatory things; no different to Steve Bruce's massive head, its something to target
    • I'd like to think i wouldnt sing, but if the song was funny i'd probably join in
    • It would depend who it was - if it was a blue or a manc i'd join in
    • I'm really not arsed at all about people sexual orientation but would expect others to sing
    • I'd be abhorred if people sang about someone being gay
    • Other - state your feelings

See my first post.

I can abuse Terry and Shrek all I want because both are cunts and are fair game.

I have plenty to take the piss out of them about. Who they want to shag behind closed doors is their business and sleeping with men isn't what would make them cunts.

Surely you can see that?

If you can hand on heart say that you have made no derogatory comments with regard to their sexual preferences, or made piss taking comments about gay people then I can see it. And I would admit youre a better man than me.

I could see the value of gay players soaring as clubs battle to diversify their brands and Allardyce claiming Diame loves Big Fun for no immediately obvious reason in the press after a few clubs make it known they're interested. Further down the line you could easily see managers outing established gay players as "not that gay" during contract negotiations.

I'd wager that who they want to shag behind closed doors is a big part of what you would use to slag those two off anyhow. Isnt it?

Granny shagger?? prossie Shagger?? She loves the scouse cock??

JOhn Terry's Ma, she loves the scouse cock.

not a single person would admit to wanting to sing homophobic songs in a public poll, surely.

I wanted to get an honest feel for what football fans think and would do, and honest normally goes hand in hand with anonymity.

so, by way of a riposte....

Booooooooooo you.

Hehe!

I think the main issue for a player that came out would perhaps not be what the fans sing' date=' but more what the other players say or how they will react.[/quote']

Exactly. Would you be tempted to go in hard with your tackle from behind?

I'd drive around with a rifle in my lap and stop outside a school, at which point I'd wait until 3.30pm and then blow my face off in front of them.

Oh GAY? I thought you said trans-gender paedophile, with bad AIDS, with 18lbs of semtex strapped to his tits, holding my family hostage in an abandoned warehouse.

Actually, I don't like sneaky gays. I'd hate it if one of them was sassy and going to the tabloids and the magazines and making innuendo's about some teammates being 'long in the shower', and then dobbing them into Clarke Carlisle when they tell him to fuck off. Who will be the PFA gay ambassador? I'd like to think that Clark Carlise or Jason Roberts conquer homophobia like they conquered racism.

Not while he was playing he never.

Yeah he did! He played rugby union & rugby league after coming out.

And I personally don't think it's as big a issue as people are making out! Most people would brush it off nowadays and would carry on as normal. The media are making it into a bigger deal than it is trying to push people to come out publicly.

Really couldn't care if there was a whole team of gay footballers myself, it makes no difference to anything. But you can bet your house on this - once the FA decide they should get to grips with this and start a campaign to 'kick homophobia out of football', Robbie Fowler will be called before an "independent" panel to further explain his actions back in '99 and subsequently banned from anything football related for 6 months so they can set an example to the rest of the game and show how they are cracking down on the problem.

Guest ShoePiss
I think the main issue for a player that came out would perhaps not be what the fans sing, but more what the other players say or how they will react.

Probably, thing is there's likely a few in every squad. There's obviously still a lot of social barriers to them going public sadly, despite it being a personal matter I'd expect a lot to be open about it if there wasn't.

Ex US national team & Leeds player Robbie Rodgers felt he had to choose between himself (coming out) and football.

I kinda wish someone, more than one, would and then the game can move on from this, 'no player has ever come out during his (assuming we're talking about the men's game) career. Could anyone?' although I absolutely understand why nobody wants to be that 'first person.' Who in their right mind would want to subject themselves to the kind of media circus that would then ensue?