You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

I've been meaning to try something similar myself, especially as I have seem to have found a farm that sell loads of double-yokers

They've probably got a glut of hens just reaching point of lay. When they start laying for the first time (about 18-26 weeks) they lay a lot of double yolkers whilst they figure it all out. We had loads this time last year, about 50% of the eggs we had for a fortnight. Get them whilst you can!

Beef carpaccio is lovely, isn’t it. Had it in Prague about fifteen years ago with some sort of berries on as it was sublime.

It was sensational. Don’t think I’d ever try making it myself but would have it again.

At a restaurant last night and I asked for a beer, the waiter said no then proceeded to tell me what I was having to eat and which wine was going with it. He was right.

It was sensational. Don’t think I’d ever try making it myself but would have it again.

At a restaurant last night and I asked for a beer, the waiter said no then proceeded to tell me what I was having to eat and which wine was going with it. He was right.

Ha, it’s good when people are so handy at their job you’re happy to fight the usual instincts and just acquiesce.

One of the few things I will give Dubai is introducing me to fish carpaccio, and of a wide variety.

Delicious.

Ha, it’s good when people are so handy at their job you’re happy to fight the usual instincts and just acquiesce.

One of the few things I will give Dubai is introducing me to fish carpaccio, and of a wide variety.

Delicious.

He was brilliant, like you say an expert. Think we passed the audition as he let us up to the roof bar when we’d done after telling others it was shut.

• 4 weeks later...

Kimberley biscuits.

Introduced to these little beauties over the weekend whilst visiting my sister and had an invite back to one of her friends for a few Irish coffees and cake,etc including these biscuits.Her friend originally from Roscommon in Ireland and apparently these biscuits are legendary in Ireland.

I would strongly recommend to anyone who hasn't yet had the pleasure.

Soft ginger flavoured biscuits with mallow in the middle.gorgeous

• Upvote 1

So - on National Chicken Wing Day - I bought me a deep fryer. The wings were ridiculously good (buffalo/blue cheese) honestly better than any shack I have frequented -- also did a round of hand cut fries and a dozen mushrooms.

This evening I shall be making a deep fried roast beef. I plan on eating over a pound of it myself and falling asleep out in the lanai.

So - on National Chicken Wing Day - I bought me a deep fryer. The wings were ridiculously good (buffalo/blue cheese) honestly better than any shack I have frequented -- also did a round of hand cut fries and a dozen mushrooms.

This evening I shall be making a deep fried roast beef. I plan on eating over a pound of it myself and falling asleep out in the lanai.

I want to rep but need to be sure that you didn’t have mayonnaise on the fries.

• Upvote 2

I read that in this guy's voice:

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 2