Quantcast
Playstation 4 - Page 52 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Google+ TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 4

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#1021 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Had the first two PlayStations, then when 3 was delayed got myself a 360 which is what I still use. I've enjoyed them both.
I hear if you play online a lot then stick with Xbox, but I don't play online at all so is it worth switching back to PlayStation? And if so why?

What's expected of the next nextgens?

(Cheers both for the replies)

In truth, they are much of a muchness. I'm a Sony fanboy, so I'd recommend the PS4 (I do have both PS4 & XB1 and definitely prefer the PS4).

If you've played on both, and are not fussed about online gaming, then the kicker would be if you were in to a console exclusive series that you'd want to get back into on the new consoles. Gears of War/Halo or Uncharted/God of War, etc...

Not much is known about the next, next-gen consoles and as I mentioned, the PS5 rumours are just that, rumours.

Project Scorpio on the Xbox side of things is confirmed for release in the not too distant future, and there will be a reveal at E3 for the console, however it is expected to cost close to £1000 as it is expected to have high end gaming PC specs.

#1022 Kloppite

Kloppite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Have you had a PS3 or Xbox 360 previously?

There's a few rumours abound from folk in the gaming industry that we could potentially see a PS5 as early as Christmas 2018.

We already know that Xbox will be unveiling and then releasing Project Scorpio in the not too distant future, and this in itself could be thought of as the new next gen console...

I was reading that playstation aren't going down the same road as ms and introducing incremental improvements yearly.

They are keeping the current models with a view that it will lower production costs and increase profitability with productions of scale. They are going for thd potential that having a vr system built into the system will lower the costs.

They are also wanting to introduce a true 4k system that has the potential for 8k.

Ps don't see the need to bring out a new console atm as it doesn't bring about enough improvement impacts profits and affects development of games.

#1023 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I was reading that playstation aren't going down the same road as ms and introducing incremental improvements yearly.

They are keeping the current models with a view that it will lower production costs and increase profitability with productions of scale. They are going for thd potential that having a vr system built into the system will lower the costs.

They are also wanting to introduce a true 4k system that has the potential for 8k.

Ps don't see the need to bring out a new console atm as it doesn't bring about enough improvement impacts profits and affects development of games.

As I said, just rumours that I've read.

So long as the architecture remains the same, then devs won't have problems creating new games. I can't see PlayStation returning to the cell processor of old, so it's safe to say that the devs will be very comfortable making new games, if new next-gen consoles are indeed in the pipeline.

#1024 Moo

Moo

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

In truth, they are much of a muchness. I'm a Sony fanboy, so I'd recommend the PS4 (I do have both PS4 & XB1 and definitely prefer the PS4).

If you've played on both, and are not fussed about online gaming, then the kicker would be if you were in to a console exclusive series that you'd want to get back into on the new consoles. Gears of War/Halo or Uncharted/God of War, etc....

Nope, not for me. Although back in the day GTA was exclusive to PlayStation wasn't it? That's the only thing that would bother me at all. I'm only a casual gamer, probably play half a day once a fortnight on average, if that.
You lying bastards, get out of our club.

#1025 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

Nope, not for me. Although back in the day GTA was exclusive to PlayStation wasn't it? That's the only thing that would bother me at all. I'm only a casual gamer, probably play half a day once a fortnight on average, if that.

If that's the case, then what ever tickles your fancy at the time. Hunt around for bundles that include a years online membership for Xbox Live or PS+.

#1026 Kloppite

Kloppite

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

As I said, just rumours that I've read.

So long as the architecture remains the same, then devs won't have problems creating new games. I can't see PlayStation returning to the cell processor of old, so it's safe to say that the devs will be very comfortable making new games, if new next-gen consoles are indeed in the pipeline.

Here's a link to the article

http://www.techradar...eatures-1213409

#1027 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Here's a link to the article

http://www.techradar...eatures-1213409

Thanks. Here are the articles that I'd read.

Eurogamer

PSLS + WSJ - The article on PSLS refers to a tweet that was posted after the WSJ article had been upped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users