Quantcast
Playstation 4 - Page 52 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 4

• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#1021 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Had the first two PlayStations, then when 3 was delayed got myself a 360 which is what I still use. I've enjoyed them both.
I hear if you play online a lot then stick with Xbox, but I don't play online at all so is it worth switching back to PlayStation? And if so why?

What's expected of the next nextgens?

(Cheers both for the replies)

In truth, they are much of a muchness. I'm a Sony fanboy, so I'd recommend the PS4 (I do have both PS4 & XB1 and definitely prefer the PS4).

If you've played on both, and are not fussed about online gaming, then the kicker would be if you were in to a console exclusive series that you'd want to get back into on the new consoles. Gears of War/Halo or Uncharted/God of War, etc...

Not much is known about the next, next-gen consoles and as I mentioned, the PS5 rumours are just that, rumours.

Project Scorpio on the Xbox side of things is confirmed for release in the not too distant future, and there will be a reveal at E3 for the console, however it is expected to cost close to £1000 as it is expected to have high end gaming PC specs.

#1022 Kloppite

Kloppite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Have you had a PS3 or Xbox 360 previously?

There's a few rumours abound from folk in the gaming industry that we could potentially see a PS5 as early as Christmas 2018.

We already know that Xbox will be unveiling and then releasing Project Scorpio in the not too distant future, and this in itself could be thought of as the new next gen console...

I was reading that playstation aren't going down the same road as ms and introducing incremental improvements yearly.

They are keeping the current models with a view that it will lower production costs and increase profitability with productions of scale. They are going for thd potential that having a vr system built into the system will lower the costs.

They are also wanting to introduce a true 4k system that has the potential for 8k.

Ps don't see the need to bring out a new console atm as it doesn't bring about enough improvement impacts profits and affects development of games.

#1023 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I was reading that playstation aren't going down the same road as ms and introducing incremental improvements yearly.

They are keeping the current models with a view that it will lower production costs and increase profitability with productions of scale. They are going for thd potential that having a vr system built into the system will lower the costs.

They are also wanting to introduce a true 4k system that has the potential for 8k.

Ps don't see the need to bring out a new console atm as it doesn't bring about enough improvement impacts profits and affects development of games.

As I said, just rumours that I've read.

So long as the architecture remains the same, then devs won't have problems creating new games. I can't see PlayStation returning to the cell processor of old, so it's safe to say that the devs will be very comfortable making new games, if new next-gen consoles are indeed in the pipeline.

#1024 Moo

Moo

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

In truth, they are much of a muchness. I'm a Sony fanboy, so I'd recommend the PS4 (I do have both PS4 & XB1 and definitely prefer the PS4).

If you've played on both, and are not fussed about online gaming, then the kicker would be if you were in to a console exclusive series that you'd want to get back into on the new consoles. Gears of War/Halo or Uncharted/God of War, etc....

Nope, not for me. Although back in the day GTA was exclusive to PlayStation wasn't it? That's the only thing that would bother me at all. I'm only a casual gamer, probably play half a day once a fortnight on average, if that.
You lying bastards, get out of our club.

#1025 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

Nope, not for me. Although back in the day GTA was exclusive to PlayStation wasn't it? That's the only thing that would bother me at all. I'm only a casual gamer, probably play half a day once a fortnight on average, if that.

If that's the case, then what ever tickles your fancy at the time. Hunt around for bundles that include a years online membership for Xbox Live or PS+.

#1026 Kloppite

Kloppite

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

As I said, just rumours that I've read.

So long as the architecture remains the same, then devs won't have problems creating new games. I can't see PlayStation returning to the cell processor of old, so it's safe to say that the devs will be very comfortable making new games, if new next-gen consoles are indeed in the pipeline.

Here's a link to the article

http://www.techradar...eatures-1213409

#1027 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Here's a link to the article

http://www.techradar...eatures-1213409

Thanks. Here are the articles that I'd read.

Eurogamer

PSLS + WSJ - The article on PSLS refers to a tweet that was posted after the WSJ article had been upped.

#1028 Shooter in the Motor

Shooter in the Motor

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

http://www.electroni...ef-weekly-sale/

#1029 Captain Turdseye

Captain Turdseye

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

Anyone got any experience with racing wheels? My boy bought a Thrustmaster T80 the other week. Great company name. I realised when he brought it home that he was going to need a stand for the wheel and pedals to be attached to. That came the other day and I set it up last night but now only the buttons on the wheel work, when I try and steer it there's no response.

I got a reply on the official PS forum telliing me to go to the Thrustmaster website and download some firmware but can I fuck find what they're talking about.

It was steering fine beforehand and now I suspect it's somehow been damaged whilst I was attaching it to the stand. Still trawling the internet now looking for a fix. Gonna get my bird to take it back to Argos and swap it later but if they won't I'm gonna have to buy another one.

FUCK SAKE.

He's had about three goes on this, realised he's shite at it and now wants rid. £150 he spent on the whole rig out and now we've got the hassle of trying to flog it on eBay.

v7sH1CM.gif

#1030 Babb'sBurstNad

Babb'sBurstNad

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

I'd wager that's true for most people who buy wheels and arcade sticks. It is for me, at least.

#1031 fowlerisgod

fowlerisgod

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

Having a bit of trouble with my controllers and PS4.

A few months ago I bought another PS4 as my other one was spitting the disc out during games every so often. Used the new one multiple times and it was fine. Moved out in April and haven't touched it until yesterday and the pads won't connect to it for some reason.

Tried the old PS4 and they connect to that but not to my newest one.

Anyone know what's up? It won't let me click on anything so the home screen just stays the same.

I've tried resetting the pads with the little button at the back. I've connected USBs to the PS4 and it shows that the pads might be charging but doesn't connect to let me use.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]OUCH!

#1032 Shooter in the Motor

Shooter in the Motor

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

A few months ago I bought another PS4 as my other one was spitting the disc out during games every so often. Used the new one multiple times and it was fine. Moved out in April and haven't touched it until yesterday and the pads won't connect to it for some reason.

Anyone know what's up? It won't let me click on anything so the home screen just stays the same.

I've tried resetting the pads with the little button at the back. I've connected USBs to the PS4 and it shows that the pads might be charging but doesn't connect to let me use.

Some USB cables don't have all the connections that the PS4 needs to connect to the controller. There are only charger connectors inside the cable to save costs and sell the cables cheaply. This was a problem I had once and the cables I had didn't have all the connectors inside.

You really need to buy a USB cable that specifically connects a PS4 controller to a PS4. You're probably best off buying in person rather than online and specify it's to connect a controller to a PS4 rather than to charge it.

Perhaps Game has one or more pricey option would be Maplin.

#1033 Pidge

Pidge

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

Just Cause 3, some Assassin's Creed standalone DLC and Downwell for August PS Plus.  Pretty decent.  Just Cause looks like fun.

You say the hill's too steep to climb.

#1034 TK421

TK421

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Sounds like the hoojab is gone on the whatsit.  

#1035 Shooter in the Motor

Shooter in the Motor

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Sounds like the hoojab is gone on the whatsit.  

That could also be the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users