You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

My best take on it all at this time is we will keep Coutinho for one more year and sign VVD. Not great if we don't get Keita, but not a bad window either. 

Now, just for the fun of speculation...

Do we know of an attacking midfielder, say, not too far away across the park, who showed a lot of early promise when he first came to everyone's attention, but for whatever reason, has failed to fully realise his potential and has grown stale at the club where he was once seen as their next big thing? 

Ross Barkley. 35M. Come and fulfil your potential here with us, under a manager who knows how to unleash it.

And we can sign VVD and trigger Inaki Williams' release clause too while we're at it, then all that remains is to sign Keita, either now for 66M or next summer for 48M.  

200_s.gif

Right, I've come to my senses. Coutinho stays!

Was just trying to think of a way to annoy Everton, and also pick up some other good players - VVD, Keita, Williams and Barkley in... but unfortunately Coutinho out.

But nope, no deal. Coutinho stays and we'll speak no more of this!

What's this about the Catalan cunts saying it's now or never to Coutinho? Looking for Phil to do some serious agitating I think.

It could be though. I'm not sure barca or any of the non-oil clubs can afford where top end transfer fees are going. Barca couldn't afford Coutinho before neymar left, that much had been reported a few times in the press. Now they can afford him because they have some oil money in their pocket. If he can't be persuaded now and they go off and spend their 200m on a couple of top end players, we'll next summer the money may not be there for him. Luckily for us, it's looking like Coutinho won't do a VVD.

Twitter talk of Coutinho not training as expected to with the rest of the squad to force a move.

It originates from Duncan Castles, who is a massive know nothing cock. He's doing his usual 'create a story from nothing' bollocks.