You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I know he's Everton's manager and he's a cnut but if you can't see that he's done a terrific job at Everton you're mad

Everton have never gone 10 years without winning anything before Moyes came there, some might argue he is their worst manager ever.

• Upvote 1

but the theme of this thread doesn't add up. If you think Everton will be fucked without him then you must rate him and recognise he has done a good job. If that is the case then why would he be fucked at Chelsea? If it's the small club to a big club problem then well, we are pretty fucked ourselves.

and this is based on an article that describes Chelsea's manager as 'the Benitez.'

Chelsea's current manager > Moyes > Whoever Everton could get to replace Moyes.

So for that reason, I'm in.

I wouldn't blame Moyes for going there to feather his nest. That's why every other manager goes there. Success is incidental - though with the wonga and playing staff they have, an element of success is a given. It's a strange world - the manager is in many ways the biggest and most expensive passenger at the club - but Abramovich would argue it brings results.

• 3 months later...

Theres been a flood of bets on him being at United next season.

Bookmakers have slashed odds on Everton manager David Moyes joining Manchester United in the summer.

The Everton manager is out of contract at the end of the season and Paddy Power slashed his odds on becoming next Manchester United from 7/2 to 1/2 favourite after what they called a "flood of overnight bets."

Meanwhile, Victor Chandler said that Moyes was more likely to start next season at Manchester United than Everton – possibly as Sir Alex Ferguson's number two before taking over as manager at a later date.

At 2pm on Monday they offered 6/4 that Moyes would begin next season at Old Trafford and 2/1 that he would be with Everton.

The situation is complicated with by the news earlier this week that Ferguson is to have a hip operation that could see him miss the start of next season.

Manchester United have privately confirmed reports that Ferguson is booked in for surgery immediately after the club return from their three-week pre-season tour at the end of July.

That Ferguson will have his summer break and then travel to Thailand, Australia, Japan and Hong Kong before the operation suggests he is not going to be sidelined for too long.

However, United must face either Manchester City or Wigan in the Community Shield at Wembley on August 11, with their title defence due to begin the following weekend.

No timescale is being put on Ferguson's likely absence but it would require a rapid recovery from the 71-year-old in order for him to be back in the dug-out by then.

Ferguson has always said his health would dictate how long he would carry on as United manager.

He was taken ill at a function in his native Scotland almost 12 months ago, although his nosebleeds were put down to the amount of short flights he had undertaken.

Ferguson subsequently missed pre-season matches in Norway and Germany and also sat out a mid-winter break in Qatar.

It wont let me copy some of the article.

Bookmakers slash odds on Moyes joining Manchester United | World of Sport - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Chelsea's current manager > Moyes > Whoever Everton could get to replace Moyes.

So for that reason, I'm in.

Sums it up.

By the same token, United's current manager >>>....>>> Moyes > Whoever Everton could get to replace Moyes.

So that might be even better.

• Upvote 1

He has done a decent job at Everton, but that is his level, and Everton will struggle without him cos his been there for so long and operate around his ways. Chelski will be a big step he won't be able to handle considering how that club is run, he'll last a year before his sacked. Then he won't have a job left and will be back at somewhere like Wigan.

If your on about Rodgers our club is in a different situation to Chelski.

To be fair mate even if he lands them the treble he will still be sacked as soon as crazy Ivan grows bored with his new toy.

My money is on Klopp going their.

Well, been speaking to a friend who is a chief steward at OT, he says, Slur is going within the next two weeks, as he knows he will not be able to compete with other teams spending powers. It may be true, it may not be, but I have no reason to doubt him...

• Upvote 1

Guest San Don
Well, been speaking to a friend who is a chief steward at OT, he says, Slur is going within the next two weeks, as he knows he will not be able to compete with other teams spending powers. It may be true, it may not be, but I have no reason to doubt him...

What, manchester cannot compete with other teams spending power? behave.

tumblr_lzvfjsSrl21r3f7s0.gif

Because chief stewards are always briefed on shit like this aren't they?

YOU STUPID CUNT.

• Downvote 2

Guest San Don
Chelsea... Man City... both have bigger budgets than United. I reckon he will quit whilst on top.

City, yes, chelshit, no. Besides both would fail FFP if it ever came in. Manchester united would be the only club able to spend big and meet the criteria.