You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation Plus

Elite

Got a years subscription for Xmas and am very impressed. Lots of free games to download and play whenever you want and new games available every month, on there at the moment includes Batman Arkham City, Infamous 2, The newest Mortal combat, not to mention some older titles and highly rated arcade games. I think it's £30 for a years subscription but well worth the price for the sheer amount of different games on offer. Recommended, I never even knew what it was proper until I entered my code!

• Upvote 1

I signed up when they had it on offer earlier in the year. Got Red Dead Dedemption and tons of other games plus the ones the keep on adding. Never really got the point till I signed up, didn't realize they had Mortal Kombat in the updates. Did also end up costing me a HD upgrade as well though because mine was full!

I've got a subscription for my second account that I use on the machine I bought from TK, as the drive does not work correctly and will only read a few BluRay discs.

I think Sony have done a cracking job with Plus so far. For me, it is the service that the Gold membership over on Xbox should be.

I've got a subscription for my second account that I use on the machine I bought from TK, as the drive does not work correctly and will only read a few BluRay discs..

TK is now down another machine. YLOD this time but starts up occasionally as I caught him briefly last night, mind you his must run for way more hours than ours do.

TK is now down another machine. YLOD this time but starts up occasionally as I caught him briefly last night, mind you his must run for way more hours than ours do.

I thought he'd got himself a slim just before he sold me his old one? The YLOD is no where near as common on the slim as it is on the old fat machines. Though, like you say, TK's machine has probably been on much more frequently and for longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'll be running into space issues with this PS+, do you know if you delete downloaded purchased games whether you can re-download free of charge?

So long as you've purchased a game and it is in your transaction history, then you should be able to delete and re-download at your convenience. You'd of course have to keep your PS+ membership active for games purchased through that facility.

What capacity HDD have you got? Have you considered upgrading?

*About 5 minutes after I had started my download of GOW HD, the PS3 I use for my PS+ account, died. YLOD. (TK's old machine that I bought from him a while back).

Good to know, cheers mate. I've got a 40GB and a 120GB and should upgrade yeah.

You can run your PS+ account on 2 PS3's, so you'd be able to share the load so to speak. Also, don't forget that you have 2Gb of free cloud storage through Plus, so worth seeing what you can shift onto there. I know it's not a great deal of space, but it's better than nowt.

Guest ShoePiss
You can run your PS+ account on 2 PS3's, so you'd be able to share the load so to speak. Also, don't forget that you have 2Gb of free cloud storage through Plus, so worth seeing what you can shift onto there. I know it's not a great deal of space, but it's better than nowt.

Yeah not sure what do to with the 40GB, I jailbroke it ages ago then replaced the laser which had gone out and then backups stopped working after a certain point. Lost interest in the whole homebrew thing, might replace the laser which went out again and swap the hdd over and get a bigger one for the slim.

Incidentally, I've got a code for a year's PS Plus for sale if anyone is interested.

How much do you want for it, mate?

Can get a year subs at GAME online for £30, at PSN its still £40. Have got funds in my psn wallet so just giving it a few days to see if they have any offers on.

Sorry, I read that as Agt P wanting rid of a PS+ code for less than the £30. I've got an eye for a bargain.

• 2 months later...

I have just picked up a PS3

Ill take it that this is worth paying for?

Good games etc?

Also any games to recommend?

I have had a 360 in the past so have played alot of games and looking for any new ones that I may not have played.Im guessing drakes adventure,resistance

I have had Playstation Plus for quite a while now and it is starting to be very good. You get a few free games a month (Hitman Absolution is free this month) and 3 games are on all the time which are one of the Motorstorms, Infamous 2 which is an open would super hero type game which I quite like and LittleBigPlanet 2 which I love.

For games the Uncharted games are great and some of the best games on the console. You can get the 1st and 2nd game (which is the best of the 3) together for around £27. Resistance games are O.K but if you want a shoot'em up that PS3 only I would go with the Killzone series as its better in game play and graphics. The God of War series is also very good and the 3rd one has some of the best graphics I have seen on the PS3. The LittleBigPlanet series is a fun platform game. Gran Turismo is the best racing game out there on any console and has the best graphics too. If you want something a bit different download Journey or Flower from the PSN store that are different and very good.