You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson - Worra Cunt

AngryOfTuebrook

Him and Rotheram won't be in the same room together by all accounts, Rotheram is shite in the role too, as opposed to Burnham who appears to be doing pretty well. You can always depend on Liverpool to shoot itself in the foot.

In fairness to Rotheram, he's trying to work with the mess of Merseyside local politics: a legacy of egocentric dick-swingers who fancy themselves as sharp operators and old-style city bosses. The Manchester job is easier, because in recent decades the leaders of different councils have become accustomed to working together.

Watching that show about the new £1 houses in Liverpool. I'd always thought it was a good idea that the council should be pretty proud of until they just said the only reason they were all empty in the first place is because the council paid everyone to move out to pave way for a housing project that fell through. The brass neck of Anderson et al to crow about it when it's their absolute cluster fuck in the first place.

Watching that show about the new £1 houses in Liverpool. I'd always thought it was a good idea that the council should be pretty proud of until they just said the only reason they were all empty in the first place is because the council paid everyone to move out to pave way for a housing project that fell through. The brass neck of Anderson et al to crow about it when it's their absolute cluster fuck in the first place.

I'm not sure about the timing of this, but I think the decision to turf the residents out might have been made when the Lib Dems were still in control.

It was a very great shame that Joe and his party could not support the Lib Dem council motion put forward before Christmas:

Council believes that Jeremy Corbyn is right when he says that good housing should be for the “Many and Not the Few”. Accordingly, it requests the Mayor of Liverpool to end the Partnership with Redrow Homes and advertise all land suitable for housing in the Council’s ownership to all builders producing more modest and affordable homes which would keep more of our young people in the City after their first move from apartments and by having a higher density would bring greater council tax revenues for the City.

Further it calls on council land to be sold for housing only if the freehold is sold to the house purchaser as part of the original sale.

Liverpool Labour Party is a mess. It's reached the point where I don't want to vote for the Labour candidates, in case they're just more stooges of Anderson who will allow him to run our city down.

Quite a few grass roots scraps going on at local Labour party branches between momentum and uncle Joe loyalists by all accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the last part of the "£1 House" programme.

We've seen people losing thousands of pounds worth of stuff when their houses got robbed in a street that the Council hadn't even lit.

We've seen people incur thousands of pounds in additional costs and face months - years - of delay, because the Council never sorted the fucking paperwork out.

Then we saw this obnoxious cunt shrug and dismiss their concerns: "When I was 11 I wanted a Scalextric and I got a water-pistol."

He really needs a fucking good kicking.

We've seen people losing thousands of pounds worth of stuff when their houses got robbed in a street that the Council hadn't even lit.

We've seen people incur thousands of pounds in additional costs and face months - years - of delay, because the Council never sorted the fucking paperwork out.

Then we saw this obnoxious cunt shrug and dismiss their concerns: "When I was 11 I wanted a Scalextric and I got a water-pistol."

Had a drive round there the other night and it looked like something from The Wire. Said to the Mrs how could they not have even dome the basics like provide street lighting? Or even have funded a PCSO or something for the first year.

Gaggle of idiots.

• Upvote 1

You'd lose your foot

Had a drive round there the other night and it looked like something from The Wire. Said to the Mrs how could they not have even dome the basics like provide street lighting? Or even have funded a PCSO or something for the first year.

Gaggle of idiots.

Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but the fact that the Council didn't have legal authority to allocate 37 of the houses which had been earmarked for demolition, but allocated them anyway ("in good faith", believing that they could just wish the legal hurdles away) smacks a bit of the kind of thing that happens in an organisation run by a twat who barks orders at people, forcing them to rush jobs and cut corners, leaving other poor fuckers to deal with the consequences.

• Upvote 1

Local Labour parties seem to be a shambles across Merseyside! The way the Knowsley Labour councillors act is disgusting, any dissenting voices, any opposition is shouted down without any points made or any benefit to the people these fuckers represent.

There's a lot of them being deselected in Knowsley before the elections in May, I'm not sure why but it seems some of it is due to the Progress / Momentum power struggle.

I'm no fan of the Lib Dems, but the way their 3 councillors have been spoken to and talked about in council meetings is beyond disrespectful. One of them is a former teacher of mine and he was slagged off by a Labour member for poor attendance - he'd been in hospital for weeks with a life threatening illness which the Labour member knew only too well. Disgusting that he had to defend himself in such circumstances!

Liverpool Labour Party is a mess. It's reached the point where I don't want to vote for the Labour candidates, in case they're just more stooges of Anderson who will allow him to run our city down.

I'm voting Lib Dems in the locals from now on. This piece of shit has turned me into Stronts. It's like Derek Hatton meets Serpico with these pricks. The corruption stinks to high heaven.