You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson - Worra Cunt

AngryOfTuebrook

I've had a bellyful of this anti-democratic power-crazed Quisling cunt.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/11/19/cash-strapped-liverpool-council-hire-90-000-spin-doctor-100252-32258914/

CASH-STRAPPED Liverpool Council bosses are to hire a “spin doctor” for £90,000 a year.

The person who gets the full-time job will be expected to “ensure that the Mayor’s actions and decisions are engaging, transparent and efficiently communicated to the public”.

Opposition leaders have said the decision was “ludicrous”, and made a mockery of the council’s hardship claims.

But the council insisted the role was about more than dealing with the media, and about internal and customer relations.

Liberal Democrat deputy leader Cllr Tom Morrison said: “Joe Anderson keeps saying that ‘people could die’ because of the cuts that are being made, yet he sees fit to spend £90,000 of taxpayers’ money on a spin doctor.

“Each Sure Start centre costs about £100,000-a-year to keep open. The question when the council proposes to close another one will be whether the council would rather have someone to make Joe Anderson look good, rather than a place where parents can take their children.”

The successful candidate will earn more than Mayor Anderson’s own salary of £66,000, after he waived his right to the recommended £79,500.

City bosses blasted their opponents as “hypocrites” and said none of them had complained about the move at the meeting when it was agreed.

Only one opposition member, Liberal Democrat leader Cllr Richard Kemp, sits on the committee along with the six Labour members.

But he had sent his apologies.

Liberal group leader Cllr Steve Radford added: “I think it’s ludicrous, it makes a joke of Joe Anderson’s comments about austerity and cutbacks.”

Labour deputy mayor Cllr Paul Brant said: “This post is to market the city and attract jobs and investment into the Liverpool, as well as telling people what is going on.

“We must continue to promote the city, not least to attract more tourists and cruise liners.

“Liverpool is in competition with other world cities who pay more for this kind of post.

“There is no additional cost for residents, as the former post has been unfilled for 18 months, and we have scrapped the City magazine.

“Not one opposition councillor bothered to turn up or send objections to the relevant meeting, so any criticism now looks somewhat hypocritical.”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The Tories invented the post of Mayor. Fat Joe unilaterally decided that we wouldn't get a vote on it, knowing that the job had his name on it. Now he just continues to inflict all the cuts the Tories want, without a whimper of protest, while hoarding power to himself (from the City Council, from the sub-regional bodies like Merseytravel and through the LEP).

Cunt him in the bastard.

I've had a bellyful of this anti-democratic power-crazed Quisling cunt.

You expect those away from the city to behave in this manner but you'd think those here would actually bother their fuckin' arse. It's no wonder that the majority generally don't give a fuck about politics. They are all corrupt as.

• 3 years later...

Peter Kilfoyle determined to do Joe Anderson a non-solid. Not that I disagree with him.

Letter to Fellow Labour Party Members

Dear Friend

For those of you who are qualified Labour Party members,this coming week will see the arrival of ballot papers for the Labour nominee to stand next year in the election of metro mayor. This will be an extremely important choice for you to make with regard to the future good of the Liverpool City Region.

Given I have been the Labour Party’s regional secretary, a Member of Parliament, and a government minister, many people have sought my advice on this. My reply is simple. It is vital that they vote, and that they think carefully before doing so. How they vote is a matter for them, and I have consistently refused to say for which of the three candidates I will cast my vote.

Needless to say, many have pointed out the repeated criticism in my blog of one of the three, Joe Anderson. It is only right that, in answer to their point, I clarify exactly where I stand on his candidature, at least. The reality is that whoever I choose to vote for, it will definitely not be Joe Anderson. My reasons are straightforward.

I do not see him as the right person for the job. He has neither the skills, knowledge nor personality required for this new and unique role. Looking at his record, I am more convinced than ever of this, despite the massive – and expensive – public relations exercise conducted to persuade us otherwise.

In my view, he has repeatedly curried favour with Tory bigwigs and developers to the disadvantage of the ordinary people of Liverpool. Despite his “bread and circuses” approach to local government, disenchantment grows daily with the personality cult he has fostered. There is no evidence, notwithstanding gimmick announcements and backroom deals with some neighbouring councillors, that he has any understanding of, or commitment to, the varied communities of the city-region.

Whether it has been his fondness for expensive and wasteful vanity projects, or the use of £90,000 of our money on a private legal case, I find nothing but room for concern. I prize transparency, accountability, inclusivity and equity. Joe has trampled on each of these.

Yours fraternally

Peter Kilfoyle

• Upvote 1

Anderson's " committee " are shit scared to disagree with him and are firmly in the fat leaches pocket. Allegedly.

Joe also has never used his power to help any cause close to his heart. He's a good lad who would not put the greater community at risk for his own ends. And he would never consider any favouritism to any team, cause or religion he follows. Never.

Yours, Pinochio.

• 3 months later...

He thinks he's a proper old-time "city boss" and his henchmen are well-protected.  One in particular (who I won't name, in case I get the site into legal bother) is the kind of cunt who throws his weight around in a macho management style, because he thinks he's untouchable as long as he's on Joe's side.  That's the kind of management style that sees valid safety concerns shouted down with "Just get it done! NOW!"  It's the kind of management style that gets people killed.

This particular cunt was found guilty - or, more correctly, changed his plea to guilty, once the important bits of evidence were heard - in connection with someone's death.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-contractors-told-pay-12056278

As far as I'm aware, he's keeping his job. 

Despise the cunt. The epitome of the "put a rosette on a pig and they'll vote for it" saying. Labour voters will vote for anything with a red rosette in Liverpool no matter how loathsome the fucker is.

In fairness, the Lib Dems had their chance a few years ago.

I'm so happy the (probably) corrupt lard-barrel never got the Metro Mayor gig.

I thought this was a central government decision to appoint a second mayor?

There was an agreement last year between the government and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority for the second mayor.

This followed the adoption of the Liverpool city mayor in 2012 by the council without the usual referendum.

There was an agreement last year between the government and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority for the second mayor.

This followed the adoption of the Liverpool city mayor in 2012 by the council without the usual referendum.

I hate mayors too,so I've got no argument with you there. I do like the idea of a metropolitan head official though,and at least it wont be Joe Anderson.