You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

All he needs to do is next time he calls them tell Sky he wants you authorised to deal with the account. It's really straight forward.

EDIT: Yeah line rental is in that too.

Getting him to ring Sky or them authorising me to deal with the account :whistle:

What package do you have mate.

Currently I have every regular channel plus movies, sports and ESPN, HD, multiroom, broadband and free evening and weekend calls I think it is.

Costs me £113.50.

I've got all TV channels except movies and ESPN but I havent got internet or phone with them.

If I want movies I can get them half price with the half price deal I have got, for muti-room and ESPN though it's full price.

If youre paying top whack I would definitely ring them up and threaten to cancel, even if you don't actually cancel and get the half price deal you should still get money off especially if you're outside your 12 month contract.

I've got all TV channels except movies and ESPN but I havent got internet or phone with them.

If I want movies I can get them half price with the half price deal I have got, for muti-room and ESPN though it's full price.

If youre paying top whack I would definitely ring them up and threaten to cancel, even if you don't actually cancel and get the half price deal you should still get money off especially if you're outside your 12 month contract.

Yep, I'm paying top whack and outside of the 12 month contract. Best they said they could do was drop line rental to £3 a month.

Gave them the 31 days notice the other night so will see if they come back to me.

Yep, I'm paying top whack and outside of the 12 month contract. Best they said they could do was drop line rental to £3 a month.

Gave them the 31 days notice the other night so will see if they come back to me.

I hope they get back to you, I would feel like a right twat if you ended up cancelling when you didn't really want to!

I hope they get back to you, I would feel like a right twat if you ended up cancelling when you didn't really want to!

If they don't come back to me I can cancel the disconection before it happens.

I may not get the half price package but I'll definately get it cheaper than I am currently.

• 2 weeks later...
Glad it worked for you mate, would have felt shit if I'd put you on a bum steer!

Anyone who's got sky and has had it over a year get phoning!! You're throwing money down the drain paying full whack.

I'm a big lad mate, knew the risks.

What I do like is I can still cancel whenever I like.

Hopefully if we move soon I'll then have to decide if I stay with Sky or switch to Virgin.

I e just switched to Virginia couple if months back.Been happy with most of the service but the superhub for wireless broadband is shit.

Perfect in room but go downstairs and it cuts in and out.Loads of people pissed of with it looking at the website.

You need to cut everything off

You have to give 28days notice so you have plenty off time to phone up later and stay

It's 31 days with sky mate.

And yeah welsh you need to threaten to cancel completely, they'll try and fob you off with dropping your line rental to £3 a month but tell them you want out completely.

They got back to me after about 2 weeks.