A Few Thoughts from the Match: Liverpool 1 Burnley 1
*Be positive, be positive, be positive*
2. Salah is a cracking signing: pace, touch, movement, goals. Is right.
3. We played some decent stuff in the first half.
5. I accept that we need to rotate this season, but seven changes? And why not make The Ox one of them? £40m surely gets you a start versus Burnley.
6. Not that the bench was relevant until there was almost no point. The game had died for us in an attacking sense at least twenty minutes before the subs even warmed up. Why not make a bolder change, sooner?
7. Our defending is unacceptable. How does a former centre half coach amazing attacking football while failing to effect any change whatsoever in our defending?
8. Joel Matip was soft as, throughout. Everyone gives it loads about Lovren and Klavan, but how is this bloke any better?
9. I've had just about enough of Klopp berating the fans. Jurgen - we get it: you think we're knob 'eds. Carry on like this though and you'll see the feeling become rapidly mutual. The goodwill drains audibly with every touch line tantrum you throw at your own fans. This is your team playing your football. If you don't like the way we react to Groundhog Day matches, change something.
10. By my reckoning we had four corner takers today. That tells you everything you need to know about both their quality and the importance placed upon them by the manager.
11. Despite the drudgery of recent results, it's right to remember that our general trajectory and current situation is good. It feels hard though after a 5-0 beating and two weak draws that exhibited all the same old problems.
12. We need to break out of this cycle of getting loads of chances but only taking one or two, while simultaneously conceding from only one or two shots on target. This is fundamental stuff and anyone not concerned by it is just not paying attention.
13. I really respect Klopp's commitment to the long term and also to player development, but he needs to get this season bouncing - and quickly. A bit of short-termisn wouldn't go amiss in that regard: get a full strength side out against Leicester for both games because things will get hairy if we see another 180 minutes of the same old same old.